5 day itinerary

Kanikab

Hi there. 😊 I am planning to visit Tuscany in March with my family (all adults in their 30’s and parents in their 60’s)

I would like to cover Florence, Chianti, truffle hunting and the thermal springs and most importantly have the best food. I’m really confused on how to go about planning this as my parents won’t commute as much. Do you have any itinerary suggestions? We can go for about 5 days.

Hi
I have one suggestion for you. I think you should consult with travel agency. One of the best Truffle in Tuscany. You should go and share your experience with us.:)

Ciao! If you have 5 days and you don't think they can walk very much, I would suggest planning on staying outside of Florence in a countryside villa or apartment (most are villas/houses that have been divided into apartments) and rent a car to move around. That way you can get as close as possible to where you want to go without too much walking. I would focus on visiting the smaller towns in Chianti and Siena (can they do a bit of walking or not at all?) and do only main sights in Florence. Majority of cities have their historical center closed to traffic so some walking is always required, but to avoid doing too much, you'll just need to plan to not incorporate too much at any place at any time. I would start by making a list of the things you want to do at these places you've mentioned, and what in particular you want to experience. Truffle hunting sounds great but that does require being out and hiking around, you always have to do it with a tour because the hunts are regulated and they have licenses to do it. You can take a look at the various types of tours you can join, as that too can save some time and excessive walking, if you have specific itineraries to follow on that tour: https://tours-discovertuscany.partner.viator.com/Tuscany/d206-ttd

I don't think a travel agency necessarily will make it less tiring, other than figuring out the details of your planning. First you have to decide what you want to do during those 5 days.