7 days in October

SuzyQ

We have booked a flight to Pisa at the beginning of October for a week. I don't want to drive so will be relying on public transport. We are 2 adults who would like to include Lucca and Florence in this trip. Would staying in one place be feasible to explore other towns or should we plan on staying 2 nights in a few places? Which other places are quite easy to reach from either Lucca or Florence in less than 3 hours? We love good food and exploring new places. We have visited different areas of Italy on several occasions but have never Tuscany. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Ciao SuzyQ!

I am sorry it has taken so long to get back to you, hope you are already at a good point of your planning. Either one place or two would work well, and Pisa, Lucca, and Florence are great bases if you're not driving. Everything is easy to reach via train, and if anything you want to do is beyond, you can look into doing a guided tour which includes transport (like wine tasting at various wineries in Chianti, just as an example).

Let me know if you need help with anything!