Annual Bus Pass -CIT

G.Wolfe

I’ve recently moved from the US to Bagno A Ripoli. While trying to register for an annual urban bus pass, I am receiving an email saying I need a CIT. ( il codice identificativo temporaneo) but I’ve entered my Codice Fiscale already. Are these two different items? (My PDS hasn’t been issued yet although I’ve been to the poste and hence my healthcare/Id card aren’t available. I submitted photos of passport and visa instead since these would be my id forms I carry)
Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• 4F11DC76-8F83-47D5-8FCB-9899A6F4BACE.png
    4F11DC76-8F83-47D5-8FCB-9899A6F4BACE.png
    309.9 KB · Views: 1
Ciao G. Wolfe, welcome to our forum!

That message makes it seem like they are two different things: the CIT would be a temporary 12 month number they can generate for you to use and register on the site, if you don't have a CF. But it seems to me you do have a codice fiscale, right? The number is independent of any permesso/residency so you should be able to get it from the Agenzie delle Entrate, even without the permesso paperwork being all done yet.

Since you say you already entered your CF, I would just try logging in again and see if it wasn't just a case that it wasn't correctly registering the info the first time. Let me know if it goes through or you're still seeing the same message.