Bucket List

gfiocca65

I have a bucket list item and that is to visit Tuscany and the surrounding area. I am a cellist approaching retirement and was thinking about finding a place where I could trade nightly cello music for a room for me and my wife. Far-fetched but a dream. I am Juilliard trained and would bring my own electronic backup music, where I could entertain guests with soft, beautiful music, Italian songs, arias and Neopolitan inspired music maybe five nights a week. Four weeks tops. I would rent my own car and pay for my meals, of course. Is this a crazy way to see this beautiful country?

I also hope you can do it and I don't think it is unrealistic, you'd just have to some research first and look into places that mix hospitality with dining, so that you can offer music in the evenings to patrons beyond other guests. I can't think of any of the top of my head, but I am sure there are.... I will have to think about it!

I also hope you can do it and I don't think it is unrealistic, you'd just have to some research first and look into places that mix hospitality with dining, so that you can offer music in the evenings to patrons beyond other guests. I can't think of any of the top of my head, but I am sure there are.... I will have to think about it!
Awesome. And thank you. I thought this might be a more fun way to experience Italy and those beautiful rolling hills of Tuscany.

I think it's a dream and you should pursue it! Look for places, contact them, they might be open to the idea especially if they just never thought of it before. If you search for places that you think would welcome the evening music, then I think the high season summer months would be ideal for the number of guests but it is less likely they would exchange the room if they can rent it out.
So maybe at the beginning or end of the high season, either June or September -- the coast is really busy and this type of evening entertainment is popular at the resorts. If they are big enough, they could spare the room? You never know until you try!