Car rental in Florence or Siena ?

LoriGoldstein8

Hi. We are staying in a house near Siena and would like to rent a car. We arrive to Florence Airport. Should we get the car in Florence or Siena ?? Thank you for any opinions. Lori

Ciao Lori, welcome to our forum!

Since you're arriving at the Florence airport, the best solution is to just rent directly from there and drive to your house near Siena.
It would be much more complicated to get to the center of Florence (with luggage), find the bus that you takes you to Siena, get there and then get to the car rental place to then drive out to wherever your house is at.

Let me know if you have other questions!

Ciao Lori, welcome to our forum!

Since you're arriving at the Florence airport, the best solution is to just rent directly from there and drive to your house near Siena.
It would be much more complicated to get to the center of Florence (with luggage), find the bus that you takes you to Siena, get there and then get to the car rental place to then drive out to wherever your house is at.

Let me know if you have other questions!
Amazing. We actually decided to stay one night in the center of Florence because the flights are so much cheaper on a Friday (it pays for a hotel room)!!!

Do you still think it’s better to rent a car in Florence and drive to Siena ? Or take the train/bus to Siena and rent in Siena?

I'm sorry I missed your last questions!

I think if you're in the center of Florence, you can do either. Take a look at the car rental rates from the center and from the airport and see how they compare. I think it would still be more convenient overall to just take the tram back to the airport and rent from there, you reduce the risk of driving into the ZTL (restricted traffic zone) in the center of Florence and getting fines! Make sure you read this: https://www.visitflorence.com/tourist-info/driving-in-florence-ztl-zone.html and take into account that most towns have ZTLs across all of Italy, not just Florence and Tuscany!