Car renting and parking in Florence

Annasal

Dear Lourdes,

in a few days I will travel to Florence with my boyfriend and we are already very excited. Only the car driving on the spot worries us a little. we have rented a car from Bologna airport to come to Florence. Our hotel is called Cosimo de' Medici. so we need a parking place in Florence for two days, then we will go to chianti for two days. I have read a lot about the ZTL but don't quite understand it yet.

What is the best way to get from Bologna airport to a parking lot with the rented car? What parking can you recommend and can we continue to Chianti without problems or we need to take into account other things?

Thank you very much!

Ciao Annasal,
The hotel Cosimo de Medici is right on via Nazionale which is not part of the ZTL so you can actually up to them and unload luggage, then drive out of the center (turn right on Via Valfonda right after the hotel) without worrying about the ZTL itself (as long as you don't make any wrong turns). As far as parking goes, I would suggest you head out and park either at Porta al Prato or Parterre as far as public parking lots (still paid) go or at a private garage, the total cost will not be extremely more but depends which one you choose which also depends on how close you want it to the center. Take a look here: https://www.visitflorence.com/florence-maps/parking-lots-in-florence.html and see which one is more convenient for you. You shouldn't have problems in then doing the same when you're ready to leave: drive in and pick up luggage and then drive out.