Festivals in Sept-Oct 2023 in tuscany

StephD

We are headed to Milan, Lake Como, Florence/Tuscan area and Cinque Terra in Sept-Oct 2023. We would like to experience any wine or food festivals and still have flexibility to schedule around the dates. Thanks so much for any assistance and insight!!!!

Ciao Steph,
This is a difficult question because most dates for festivals are never actually "confirmed" this far ahead of time -- they literally sometimes are "official" only until a few weeks ahead, if that, but really depends on how much the event is considered recurring. Every year we have to go off the previous year and the dates were held to offer an idea of what goes on, with an update on all the pages once things are official.
Festivals generally recur around the same time every year.

Having said that, we are still getting back into events after the pandemic and some were held this past fall and some were not, although hopefully this year will mark everyone being back to pre-pandemic schedule.

At the moment, I am working on catching up and updating all of our monthly calendars and invite you to take a look at the old pages, and go off that to help you plan at least dates for your time in Italy. Most wine and food festivals should go back on a schedule marching what is on those outdated pages. Put a reminder on your calendar to check back with us closer to your dates to have confirmation, but most of all, remain flexible. September and October are busy months and every weekend will have numerous events happening so unless you really want to go to a particular event, you will have choice on what to do each weekend even at the last minute once you're here.

Thank you for this thread. I will be in Florence during the Feast of Santa Reparata on Sunday October 8th. Can you provide info on the celebration? I have always dreamed of being in Italy during a local celebration and would love to have the opportunity to celebrate this with other Florentines. Do you know the parade route and times? Any info connected to this would be appreciated. Mille Grazie.

Love from
The Mexican who wants to be Italian :love:

Ciao! As you might be able to tell from my name, I'm also of Mexican origin - born and grew up in CA so for Mexicans I'm a gringa, but I spent all my summers in Mexico (between el DF e Zamora, Mich ;-) ). Anyways, now I'm in Italy! :D

As far as the celebrations for that day, the info for that specific day gets posted on the Duomo's website shortly before the day and the Comune di Firenze. When do you arrive in Florence, will you be here more than that day? The parade should be in the evening, if you post closer to the date, I will look for more specific info!