Florence 3 days

davidof

Hello, just wanted to ask you whats the current situation in Florence in terms of Museums (I've heard that you better schedule the visit online) but do I have to do it in all of them?
In terms of restrictions and mask usage anthing we must know beforehand? Are all the Museums open?

My plans for those days are (November):

DAY 13
-Galleria dell Academia
- Duomo di Florenza (all the things in the pack)

DAY14
- Gallleria Uffizi
- Palazzo Pitti and Boboli Gardens

DAY15
- Basillica di San Lorenzo and Santa Croce

Any help appreciated :)

Ciao!!

Currently all museums in Florence require Green Pass to visit and for you to wear mask indoors. Not all of the smaller museums have reopened, or at least not with full hours, some of those are open on the weekend. Since you have a specific list of places you want to visit, I'll go down and write whether I suggest you book or not.

Galleria dell'Accademia and Galleria degli Uffizi - definitely book ahead, because even if capacity allowed inside has returned to normal, there are a lot of visitors and you don't want to risk not visiting. I would recommend you book by phone: 055-294-883. In that way, you pay only once you arrive.

Palazzo Pitti and Boboli - no need to book ahead, just head to the palace when you want.

Duomo - the cathedral is free, requires you to wait in line as there is no way to book entrance ahead of time.
The Baptistery can only be visited if you buy the ticket for the Museum dell'Opera del Duomo, which I do highly recommend you visit. So visit the museum and then head on the Baptistery.
The Cupola/Dome -- this is the one you most surely should book ahead of time. You can do so online here: https://duomo.firenze.it/en/home
The belltower - you don't have to generally book ahead as it is less popular than climbing up the dome, but I really like the views from there so also recommend it, if you have the strength to do the climb all over again. You could do it on different days.
There no longer is a PASS that includes all the monuments, at least not while the health emergency is on-going. So you decide what you want to visit and book/buy tickets accordingly.

Basilica di San Lorenzo and Basilica di Santa Croce - both are open, no need to book ahead for either

Let me know if you have any other questions! What days are you going to be here? Just remember the Accademia and Uffizi are closed on Mondays.