Free admission to museums - Architecture students

NormaB

When I was about to buy the tickets to the Uffizi Gallery, I read that Architecture students have free admission to the Uffizi Gallery and the Galleria dell’Accademia. Is this only for European students or would it include any countries, such as the US? Can anybody please confirm? I wouldn’t want to find out the day of our visit. Thank you!

To be honest, the guidelines on the Ministry of Culture are not clear. They read:

Educators and students of architecture, cultural heritage conservation and education departments, of degree programs in literature or the humanities with a focus on archeology or art history, as well as of literature and philosophy departments (students must show proof of enrollment for the current school year).
Nowhere does it say they have to be Italian citizens nor Italian schools or EU, for that matter.
So you can bring along proof of enrollment in the university studying architecture and book the "free" ticket online. On the day of your visit as you arrive and go to pick up tickets, they will ask for that proof. If they allow it, great! If they don't, then you can pay the difference on the spot, you have the booking so they can't turn you away.
I would appreciate you let me know how it goes for you because I've answered this question other times but no one has returned and verified to me how things went. So I'd appreciate knowing to give a sure answer next time! ;)

Thank you so much Lourdes! I will definitely let you know if the free admission applies to foreign students too. Do you know if we can pick up the tickets in advance or do we need to go only at the entry times on the ticket?