Looking for a lovely villa with pool x 4 weeks

GUNNER2022

Dear All, my wife and I are looking to rent a villa in Tuscany for 4 weeks. Our dates are flexible but we are looking at 29 May x 4 weeks. We are looking in the areas of Pienza and Montepulciano, but we will look at other areas if the property fits our needs.
We are seeking a fully detached villa with private pool, parking, panoramic views from the pool surroundings, at least two double bedrooms, large kitchen combined with living room, if possible air conditioned, total privacy with no neighbours close by.
We know Tuscany very well as we travel twice yearly to visit.
Any options will be very well received.
We have a budget of maximum €2500 per week.
Thank you.
Kevin

Last edited:
Ciao Kevin,

You mentioned 2 double rooms at least, but is there an ideal size you're looking for? Because completely private villas generally will not be that small, they are generally bigger than just a 2 bedroom place, especially if you want them to be fully private with their own pool, no neighbors close by. There are several properties that often have a villa or two on the property, away from the "main" villa which is larger and often either offers rooms or apartments.

I can suggest several of "smaller" size villas, not precisely in the area you are looking for but take a look and see whether the fact that they offer full privacy and fully detached make them interesting to consider.

Villa Corsanello - 4 rooms, sleeps up to 8. This is the closest to the area you're interested in, not far from Pienza. Fully detached, the entire villa to yourself, in May your budget should fit excatly.

Miravalle @Incrociata - hosts up to 8 people, completely separate and with own outdoor spaces and pool. The property has the agriturismo/farmhouse at the bottom of the hill, while the private house is further up the hill. You have complete privacy away from the other guests.

Borgo della Meliana - has apartments but also two smaller villas separate from the apartments, each with 3 bedrooms, one has it's own separate pool. There is also a smaller cottage with its own pool, but only has 2 bedrooms.

Not knowing how "big" you need to go, I'll also suggest these but they might not be what you need.

Cabbiavoli - the "castle" is fully detached with its own pool. Sleeps up to 12 people, with its 6 bedrooms. Lots of space, own private pool. The property also has apartments, but those are set away on another part of the property. The villa hosted Julia Roberts a few years ago ;-).

Villa Piaggia - this one is the largest, with 9 bedrooms. It is large, so it assumes more guests.... likely doesn't fit your budget but you never know, May is sort of still low season. Depends how much space you want, you could contact them for precise cost for 4 weeks. It is more central and good for visiting across the region.

Villa di Ulignano - this is a gorgeous estate, for large groups, with 11 bedrooms. That's the main villa, so if you're interested in a smaller property but with the feel of the larger villa, you could look into the "dependance" which has 4 bedrooms and can be rented separately.

Let me know if any of these seem interesting, whether you want more suggestions as you refine your "search" once you've seen some of these. Or let me know whether I've missed the mark completely and you intended something different. I'll try to help you out, the most difficult part is that some of these don't post rates until you contact them and I am not sure how off your budget they are.