New Years Weekend in Florence

cvbriggler

Hello everyone.

We are planning a few days in Florence over the New Year weekend (Saturday, Dec 31 through Thursday, Jan 5).

Will there be any New Years Eve events happening this year?

Also, will museums, shops, and restaurants be operating with their usual hours that first week of 2023?

Thank you for any advice.

Cheers
CV
Portland, Oregon, USA

Ciao CV,

It's a bit early to know how things will go with the arrival of fall and covid. I doubt we will close up again like we have the past 2 years, but you never know. I hope that all the New Year's events happen again, and that covid becomes milder than our annual flu season by then.
For now, I can tell you that aside from the events being canceled this past year, everything else was open and following usual hours for the season (closed on New year's day, open the rest). I guess by October/November we will have a better inkling of how things are going and can better predict what will be planned for the end of the year festivities so I suggest you keep checking back closer to the date, particularly for details. In the meantime, enjoying planning your trip!

Ciao CV,

It's a bit early to know how things will go with the arrival of fall and covid. I doubt we will close up again like we have the past 2 years, but you never know. I hope that all the New Year's events happen again, and that covid becomes milder than our annual flu season by then.
For now, I can tell you that aside from the events being canceled this past year, everything else was open and following usual hours for the season (closed on New year's day, open the rest). I guess by October/November we will have a better inkling of how things are going and can better predict what will be planned for the end of the year festivities so I suggest you keep checking back closer to the date, particularly for details. In the meantime, enjoying planning your trip!
Ciao Lourdes! Thank you so much for the fast reply! This is very helpful. I'll keep checking back for sure.

Grazie!