One day tour of Tuscany wineries

ksoseh85

Hi,

My husband and I will be in Rome at the end of May and have one whole day to take advantage of visiting wineries in Tuscany. We have already been to Florence ( PS love that city with all my heart. We will have our own car since we are doing a road trip from Sicily to Rome. Can someone recommend maybe 2-3 winners that we can go on our own with our car to do wine tasting and where should we eat??? Please advise...

Thank you,

Sos

Some options

HI! And Benvenuto a Firenze e in Toscana!
You can have several way to discover the Chianti region. The first is: book a guided tour and explore the territory, also with one or two wine tastings in some famous wineries. Here's an example and one more.
You can also decide to hire a car and discover by yourself all the fascinating hilltop towns (such as Volpaia, Panzano, Greve, Radda, Montefioralle...). If you want to discover more about Chianti try to read about it on the website of Federico Minghi, the "ambassador" of the Tuscan Style.
If you book a room in a guesthouse near SMN Railway Station you can also decide to discover the entire Tuscany (the most important landmarks) anche get in just an hour by train to Lucca, Pisa, Pistoia and to the best beaches in Tuscany!
There's also a charming restaurant and widespread village with pool in Bagno a Ripoli (in the Chianti region) if you wish to sleep there.
Hope this will be useful and helpful!
Have a nice day and a great holiday!

Riccardo