Our first trip to Tuscany

JOANGO

We are all adults, between 37 and 64 years old.
I like to visit towns specially small ones. And medieval better! Besides, the countryside in that region looks gorgeous to travel and enjoy it by car. Assuming that we will be maybe 4 adults, and the baggage, we use to need a minivan or similar.
I have heard about so many towns, and I would like to visit all or most of them. Including the 5 in Cinque Terre. That is why it is very important to figure out a route, to optimize the time. Beginning with where to arrive in airplane, take the rent a car, and which route to follow, in order to see that beautiful countryside and towns around the region.
Outdoor activity is not a priority. Maybe horse ride would be Ok. About museums, when we are on vacation, usually there is no time for that; but it can be interesting in Tuscany.
At the end (or maybe before) of visiting Tuscany, I would like to visit some of the ex Yugoslavian countries. Are there appropriated flights between Tuscany and that region?

In order to avoid crowds, when is better to be there? Middle of September, last September days, middle of October, ending October? I want to avoid rainy days of course.

Your recommendation about where to stay there looks great. Is it reasonable to stay in a single place during all the days in the region, and moving from there to the different towns, cities and areas?

In your link, I see "Tuscany in 7 days". Is that what you recommend to read? According to the maps that plan involves to visit the "northern part" first, and then go down to the southern region of Tuscany. I assume that is "the logical way" to do the travel (route).
So, during the northern part of the path, we can include Cinque Terre.
Any other interesting towns or areas to visit, in case of having enough time?

I really appreciate your advice, prior to visit Tuscany.

We are all adults, between 37 and 64 years old.
I like to visit towns specially small ones. And medieval better! Besides, the countryside in that region looks gorgeous to travel and enjoy it by car. Assuming that we will be maybe 4 adults, and the baggage, we use to need a minivan or similar.
I have heard about so many towns, and I would like to visit all or most of them. Including the 5 in Cinque Terre. That is why it is very important to figure out a route, to optimize the time. Beginning with where to arrive in airplane, take the rent a car, and which route to follow, in order to see that beautiful countryside and towns around the region.
Outdoor activity is not a priority. Maybe horse ride would be Ok. About museums, when we are on vacation, usually there is no time for that; but it can be interesting in Tuscany.
At the end (or maybe before) of visiting Tuscany, I would like to visit some of the ex Yugoslavian countries. Are there appropriated flights between Tuscany and that region?

In order to avoid crowds, when is better to be there? Middle of September, last September days, middle of October, ending October? I want to avoid rainy days of course.

Your recommendation about where to stay there looks great. Is it reasonable to stay in a single place during all the days in the region, and moving from there to the different towns, cities and areas?

In your link, I see "Tuscany in 7 days". Is that what you recommend to read? According to the maps that plan involves to visit the "northern part" first, and then go down to the southern region of Tuscany. I assume that is "the logical way" to do the travel (route).
So, during the northern part of the path, we can include Cinque Terre.
Any other interesting towns or areas to visit, in case of having enough time?

I really appreciate your advice, prior to visit Tuscany.
Lourdes, we wait for your advice. Thank you