Our Visit to Tuscany

We are traveling to Italy on October 4th. We will be in Rome for 4 days, then taking a train to Venice. After 2 days in Venice we are renting a car and driving from Venice to Tuscany to our hotel Agriturismo La Sovana in Sarteano where will be spend 3 nights. Also 2 nights in Perugia at San Martinello. Since this is our first visit to Tuscancy, we would love to have any suggestions you have as to what cities/towns we should visit as part of day trips from our hotels. Also any advice as to driving and parking.
Thank you so much.
Marion Spiegelman

Ciao Marion,

That agriturismo is in southern Tuscany in the area known as the Val d'Orcia so I would concentrate on exploring the area!
Aside from a day trip to Siena (where you can also fit it the castle of Monteriggioni), I would concentrate on going around the Val d'Orcia to Montalcino (and abbey of Sant'Antimo), San Quirico d'Orcia, Pienza and Montepulciano. Do you want to try some outdoor hot springs? The ones at San Filippo are lovely, there are also smaller outdoor pool in Bagno Vignoni - take a look here:

Also make time to explore the castle at Sarteano: https://www.discovertuscany.com/tuscany-destinations/sarteano.html

Then while you're in Perugia, I would focus on Perugia and going to Assisi!

As for driving and parking, most towns have the centers closed off to traffic but all you need to do as you arrive in the towns is follow the "P" parking signs that take you to the parking lots. You will never risk going into the wrong part of town if you head to the parking lots.

Ciao Marion,

That agriturismo is in southern Tuscany in the area known as the Val d'Orcia so I would concentrate on exploring the area!
Aside from a day trip to Siena (where you can also fit it the castle of Monteriggioni), I would concentrate on going around the Val d'Orcia to Montalcino (and abbey of Sant'Antimo), San Quirico d'Orcia, Pienza and Montepulciano. Do you want to try some outdoor hot springs? The ones at San Filippo are lovely, there are also smaller outdoor pool in Bagno Vignoni - take a look here:

Also make time to explore the castle at Sarteano: https://www.discovertuscany.com/tuscany-destinations/sarteano.html

Then while you're in Perugia, I would focus on Perugia and going to Assisi!

As for driving and parking, most towns have the centers closed off to traffic but all you need to do as you arrive in the towns is follow the "P" parking signs that take you to the parking lots. You will never risk going into the wrong part of town if you head to the parking lots.
Buongiorno Lourdes,
Grazie.
This information is most helpful in our planning. Visiting Siena and Assisi is definitely on our itinerary. But I will check out your other suggestions.
If I have any more questions I will be sure to reach out.