Pisa - Florence - ?

emmaf

Good afternoon,

Me and my partner have just booked return flights to Pisa from 28th Sept - 4th Oct.

Our plan so far is to land at Pisa airport and catch the train to Florence where we will spend 3 nights

We then plan to pick up a hire car from Florence airport and travel to our base somewhere in Tuscany for the next 3 nights.

We then plan to drive back to Pisa airport and drop the car off there before catching our flight.

We would be really grateful of a suggestion of where to stay in Tuscany after our stay in Florence. I have heard good things about the Chianti region.

What we're looking for is;

1) A traditional Tuscan style villa
2) Beautiful scenery
3) Some wineries near bar
4) Preferably in a village or small town with some restaurants, bars and maybe a market so we don't have to travel too far if we feel like a lazy day.

We enjoying walking and lazy days sharing a bottle of wine.

We want to be located somewhere between Pisa and Florence or at least close by so that we aren't travelling out too far in the wrong direction.

Any help and advice would be grateful appreciated.

Thanks
Emma

What is the best way to go to Pisa from Florence

What is the best way for us to travel to Pisa from Florence? We have no car and just want to walk around the town and look at the leaning tower and rest for some time there before heading back to Florence.

Emma: I agree and would suggest Chianti area... which is quite wide.

How about Villa Dianella? This is a B&B but as a working winery in a Medici villa, it also provides tastings, tour of the winery and cooking classes as well - not to mention great views of vineyards!
It is just outside Empoli although it falls under the town of Vinci, so you have small towns nearby for meals and markets.

If you want a place with its own kitchen, then maybe I'd suggest Borgo della Meliana or Cabbiavoli.

You could also stay closer to San Gimignano at the Roccaia apartment. Berta has a B&B nearby but the apartment is completely separate from the B&B so offers more privacy.

You can see more options here: http://www.tuscanyaccommodation.com/