transporting 12 people to tuscan villa

Mark Albright

We are 6 couples enjoying our 30th college reunion in the greatest place on earth,Florence/Tuscany. We rented a villa for the week of June 14-21 and are looking for an enterprising Italian to transport us the 8 miles from Florence train station to our Villa, returning the following Sat. The villa is due south of the city. Caio and enjoy!

Help with transport

We are 6 couples enjoying our 30th college reunion in the greatest place on earth,Florence/Tuscany. We rented a villa for the week of June 14-21 and are looking for an enterprising Italian to transport us the 8 miles from Florence train station to our Villa, returning the following Sat. The villa is due south of the city. Caio and enjoy!

Hi that sounds like a great trip. I am based in Southern Tuscany and my transport guy only operates in my area. However if you don't receive any suitable responses let me know and I will get a recommendation for you.

Ciao Mark,
welcome on the DT Forum! What a great way to celebrate your 30th college reunion! I wish you a great time, but I am confident that you are going to have a fabulous trip.

As far as the roundtrip transfer to your villa I can recommend some reliable companies which can provide an English speaking professional assistance for your transfers.

If the group is composed by 12 people you may decide to book either a 16seat minibus or 2 separated vans.
According to the exact location of the villa, the bus company can recommend one of the two solutions in order to reach the villa in the best way. Consider that sometimes private villas are located in a very panoramic spot but they are accessible only from a dusty steep road.
The bus/van company can double check it exactly if you can provide a complete address and a contact number of the property/host.

I leave you the following three options:

- Blu car Service

- Maurizio Bellini private transfers

- Florentia Bus

Wishing you a nice week,
fondly
Elena

Last edited:
Sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate a 30th college reunion! This year marks my 15th, so halfway there :D

In addition to getting transport to and from your villa, are you planning to spend the whole week there without a car/van to move around? You should find out whether you will have easy access to bus or train from the villa in case you wish to do day trips to other parts/cities in Tuscany. In that case, you might also ask those services recommended by Elena above what quotes they might give you for specific days out as well as contact your villa to see whether they also already organize such transportation for guests.

If you have any other questions, let us know! Hope you're enjoying the planning :)