14 day itinerary

Kerrdon

Planning a 12-14 day stay in Sienna or suggested other base locations nearby. We will be arriving mid to late March and will be renting a car. Would appreciate some good suggestions

Ciao!

You can start with this 7 day plan and just take it slower, adding in more time at each place or adding on:

I would say doing 3 days between Siena and San Gimignano, then 2-3 days in Val d'Orcia would be a start.

A great place in the area for your base would be to the south of Siena, in the Val d'Orcia region.
Some places to start looking at a base:
and for the Val d'Orcia in particular these are some of our favorite places: https://www.discovertuscany.com/valdorcia/top-5-accommodation-in-val-dorcia.html

Let me know how else I can help!

Planning a 12-14 day stay in Sienna or suggested other base locations nearby. We will be arriving mid to late March and will be renting a car. Would appreciate some good suggestions
I agree! Siena is a great place to use as your base if you want to explore Tuscany. With a rental car, you can easily visit nearby attractions like Florence, San Gimignano, Montalcino, Pienza, Volterra, Monteriggioni, the Chianti region, and the Tuscan coast. There are plenty of day trips you can plan to discover the beauty and history of this region. Happy Travel! :)