Accommodation with public transportation near sunflower fields

Brandon

Hello,

My wife and I are wanting to visit Tuscany for two days in July and are looking for a place in Tuscany that is accessible by public transportation (preferably by train and they are able to pick us up). We will be coming from Rome and want a place in the country side that either has a winery or is really close by. My wife really loves sunflower fields and was hoping we could find an accommodation that has them on the property or is a bike ride away. We are also interested in activities such as cooking classes and olive tastings/wine tastings. Since we would only be there for two days with no vehicle we were hoping everything was close by where we are staying.

Any recommendations?

We appreciate your advise in advance.

Regards,

Brandon

Sunflowers

Buongiorno,

I suggest that you read through our article on where to find Sunflowers in Tuscany which might help you choose an area.

However, I can suggest Mugello, in particular Fattoria i Ricci is surrounded by sunflower fields, and they have an excellent on site restaurant, cooking classes and can assist with a visit to a nearby vineyard.
https://www.discovertuscany.com/mugello-accommodation/fattoria-i-ricci.html

Casa Palmira is easily reached by public transport, has two nearby restaurants (even though in the countryside) and the owners are great cooks !! I know I have tasted their creations.
https://www.discovertuscany.com/tuscany-bed-and-breakfast/casa-palmira.html

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

Thanks for responding Donna. We were looking for more of a resort style accommodation with activities (wine/olive tastings, cooking classes etc.)to do there so we didn't have to venture far. Did you have any recommendations of any that have sunflower fields close by? I did read your article, but not ever beimg there i am not familiar with those areas and where they are compared to the hotels. Plus not having a car makes it difficult to get to some of those areas.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again.

Regards,

Brandon

A couple of places to look at

Defintiely look at Fattoria i Ricci - which should really fit the bill perfectly.

You may also want to have a look at Hotel le Fontenelle, though the fields won't be as close as Fattoria i Ricci, it is some pretty spectacular scenery.

Donna Denise

Last edited:
Not having a car is what will limit you the most in your selection for accommodation -- as sunflower fields are really out in the country and unless the estate itself plants them, you might not have easy access to them (although you might see them from a bus or train window).

Having said that, with only two days and finding the perfect place - you might stay put and not worry about going too far.

I would suggest you look into the resort Hotel Fontanelle which is in Chianti near Siena - awesome views!! They offer both shuttle service from/to airport to them (contact to ask about train station closer nearby) as well as to Siena and offer cooking classes and many other activities (some on site and others arranged off site).

Another great options - both with airport shuttle and other services are Castello del Nero and Relais Vignale. All are in the general Chianti area between Florence and Siena -- and have great views of the countryside!