Aprilante market - Panzano

Ali19

Hello - I saw an article on this site about the Aprilante market in Panzano the first Sunday of every month. Is this still correct?

A local business told me there will not be an Aprilante market on Sunday, May 7, 2023, which is the day we plan to visit Panzano.

Grazie

To be honest, I searched and can't find anything online that would indicate it shouldn't be held on that Sunday, considering it is the first Sunday of the month. Can you remember who told you and is it possible for you to ask again why there shouldn't be the market on that day? I just found that on that day there is another fair going on in San Polo, but that generally doesn't mean that other events in the area cancel out. If for some reason there isn't a fair in Panzano, you can consider heading out to the one in San Polo.

Domenica 7 Maggio
Festa del Giaggiolo – Mercatino artigiano, SAN POLO IN CHIANTI

To be honest, I searched and can't find anything online that would indicate it shouldn't be held on that Sunday, considering it is the first Sunday of the month. Can you remember who told you and is it possible for you to ask again why there shouldn't be the market on that day? I just found that on that day there is another fair going on in San Polo, but that generally doesn't mean that other events in the area cancel out. If for some reason there isn't a fair in Panzano, you can consider heading out to the one in San Polo.

Domenica 7 Maggio
Festa del Giaggiolo – Mercatino artigiano, SAN POLO IN CHIANTI
Thank you for the information! The Festa del Giaggiolo sounds really interesting. Do you know the general hours of the market? I could not find recent information.

We have lunch reservations in Panzano. I asked someone at the restaurant about the Aprilante market. I can follow up with them again.

Thank you again for your help.

All markets are generally in the mornings and most go on through afternoon, so I would suggest going to Polo first, then heading to Panzano ahead of your lunch so that you can roam around the town. If the market is on, you can roam around, have lunch and roam some more after.

I was considering that the only reason why they might move the market to the weekend prior would be to make the market on April 30th and then do a special market on the 1st, considering it is a holiday. If they move it for that reason, there isn't much you can do though.

Hello - I saw an article on this site about the Aprilante market in Panzano the first Sunday of every month. Is this still correct? A local business told me there will not be an Aprilante market on Sunday, May 7, 2023, which is the day we plan to visit Panzano. Grazie
Regarding the May 7, 2023 market, it's possible that there won't be an Aprilante market on that specific day due to various factors that may affect the market schedule, such as weather conditions or local events. It's always a good idea to double-check with local authorities or vendors to confirm the exact date and time of the market.

Ali - this weekend there is another event going on for sure in the Panzano area - a 30€ ticket gets you access to the wineries in the area, but it isn't in Panzano. I can't find any confirmation that the Aprilante fair is canceled or not on.

This weekend, Greve hosts a flower market all weekend long in the main square, while the Giaggiolo market in Polo actually is 4 days long, from May 4th through the 7th.

Last edited: