Calcio Storico Final 2023

asgerreich

Hello,
Me and my girlfriend are going to Florence on the 16th to get in line saturday morning for tickets for the Calcio Storico final. We really want to make sure to get tickets, so we are ready to show up to the line from the middle of the night if necessary. From what i understand, the numbers are handed out around 8-9 AM. My question is:
- At what time should we get in line to make sure that we will have some of the first numbers?
- At what time does people normally begin to line up?
- Should we dress in the colors of the team we are rooting for or should we avoid the colors?
Thank you in advance!

Ciao! Ticket's don't go on sale on Saturday (you mean tomorrow, right?). They go on sale on Monday, June 19 - read the info I just published on the blog yesterday here: https://www.visitflorence.com/blog/calcio-storico-tickets-will-be-sold-june-19/

As for when to show up to get numbers, I would say around 7am? It's up to you, I personally have never shown up early to get into any lines.
Thank you for the reply! We can be at the Office at 07:30 am - will that be too late? Or is that risking not getting any tickets?

Do you know when most people usually show up?

No, that will be super fine, when you arrive ask who's at the end of the line and stick to that person :D that way you can both vouch you're in line and no one can cut in :D

ETA: I just realized the sale was this morning, so did you get tickets?!

Unfortunately not and we are devastated! We hope to succeed online tomorrow even tough chances are slim… Do you know if it is safe to purchase outside of the venue on Saturday or know of any other way to obtain tickets?

Oh wow, did you get a number to go back and buy tickets or they were all out by the time you got there?
There shouldn't be tickets at the venue, unless you're willing to risk buying from scalpers and at a higher price.
How about going to a bar nearby and watching on screen? The match will be broadcast on two local TV channels and I imagine that nearby locations will screen it.

We arrived to late for the ticket Numbers, unfortunately. Do you know if the tickets where sold in physical form? Then I imagine that they are hard to falsify. We don’t mind paying a higher Price, as long as they are real :)

Just out of curiosity, what time did you get there for the numbers that you didn't get one? This will help me understand how fierce the fight for tickets is, for the future :D