Finding the best time to visit Florence with warm weather

GraceJ

Hi, I would like to know if late August, early September is a good time to visit Florence. It is our wedding anniversary trip and we would like it to be perfect. Is it still warm and sunny or could it start to be rainy and cold already?

Is it crowded? We want to know if those are good times to visit the city. Thanks in advance for your help! GJ

Ciao @GraceJ !
Late august and early September are definitely the perfect time to visit Florence. Definitely on the warm side, this September for example has been really nice and warm. Late August could actually still be a pretty hot, but usually we don't have those peaks in heat that are very common in July till middle August. Italians are usually still on vacation as schools are closed till mid-September, so Florence it's relatively not crowded.
So it would be a great time for your wedding anniversary trip!

More in general I'd say that all of September and October - sometime also early days of november, is still a very good time to visit Florence, as it's not too hot and days are still pretty long. Florence is a very hot city during the Summer, so early Autumn and late Spring are the best seasons to enjoy the city at its best. :)

Agree with Stefano! Late August and early September is a good time to visit Florence, lots of locals are still at the beach because schools don't reopen yet and you might still get some hot days. Weather wise you might run into a thunderstorm but nothing that lasts.
We generally have perfect weather for most of September and most of October, it is towards the middle of October that it starts getting cooler but just dress in layers and you'll be fine.

Thanks both for your prompt response and useful guide! If everything goes well with the world, we'll be in Florence and Tuscany in general next September then:

I definitely hope that the world will have returned to a better place by 2022!! Feel free to post any other questions you have as you continue to plan your trip - just make sure to give yourselves enough time to explore both Florence and Tuscany without being in a hurry ;)