Pieve Fosciana

JDAdams

I will be staying in Tuscany in September in the small town of Piece Fosciana. What is the nearest train station? I have a lot of questions but starting with the basic location. I plan to travel between Piece Fosciana and Florence and Pisa by train, if possible. Any other information is appreciated. Thanks!

The nearest train station is in Castelnuovo di Garfagnana. You can use trenitalia.com to check schedules. It is generally over an hour train ride to get to Lucca and from there you can get most everywhere. Not knowing where you’re staying it could mean walking there from your location in Pieve Fosciana, how long depends where your accommodation is (in town or countryside?).
Pieve Fosciana is a bit out of the way so will take a while to get to places and to get back. You’ll need to an carefully to not miss any train or connections you need. I am not sure it is the best location if you're relying on moving about solely with public transportation. A more central location, like directly in Lucca, would make using public transport much easier.