Rehearsal Dinner - Tuscany April 2025

stuartsmith2

Good afternoon,

My Fiancé and I are getting married in the Tuscany region on April 1st, 2025. We are from the United States, and neither one of us have ever been to Italy. My family is responsible for planning and hosting a rehearsal dinner for ~14 people. I understand that rehearsal dinners may not be customary in Italy, but I was wondering if there were any suggestions on where we should host the dinner. Any recommendations are appreciated!

Ciao!

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!! Are you planning it all from afar on your own or using a local wedding planner? I ask just because he/she might be able to help you with the logistics, although I would already confirm that it isn't common practice here for Italians to do a rehearsal dinner, you do what you want, it's your wedding! The reason I ask about the planning is just to know whether you already have a villa or location for the wedding booked, for guests coming, because I'd think you'd likely want to have the rehearsal dinner relatively nearby. You don't mention where in Tuscany you're doing the wedding, so you might want to consider whether you can have the dinner at the same venue, or at a local winery or restaurant. I'd go for a restaurant, with that number of people, to also just change up the location different from the wedding itself.
Where will your guests be staying at? I'd say start from there, on the location where you're going to be based, then start looking for places near that. Let me know what you already have set, then I can offer more concrete ideas or recommendations.

Ciao!

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!! Are you planning it all from afar on your own or using a local wedding planner? I ask just because he/she might be able to help you with the logistics, although I would already confirm that it isn't common practice here for Italians to do a rehearsal dinner, you do what you want, it's your wedding! The reason I ask about the planning is just to know whether you already have a villa or location for the wedding booked, for guests coming, because I'd think you'd likely want to have the rehearsal dinner relatively nearby. You don't mention where in Tuscany you're doing the wedding, so you might want to consider whether you can have the dinner at the same venue, or at a local winery or restaurant. I'd go for a restaurant, with that number of people, to also just change up the location different from the wedding itself.
Where will your guests be staying at? I'd say start from there, on the location where you're going to be based, then start looking for places near that. Let me know what you already have set, then I can offer more concrete ideas or recommendations.
We have a planner from the United States that has planned there before. We are staying in Villa Adore. We wanted to do somewhere relatively close but also away from the villa so we could see more of the Country. All of the guests that are coming will be staying there as well.

Thank you for the reply!