Royal Apartments Pitti Palace

S Hardy

I see that the royal apartments at Pitti Palace are temporarily closed for refurbishing. I have searched the internet and cannot find a date for their reopening? Do you have other areas that you have enjoyed? Any recommended tour for Pitti Palace and Boboli Gardens? Thank you for your help!

Ciao!
There has not been an official reopening date communicated, all they say is that it is closed until further info is given out by the museum.
At the Pitti, I highly recommend you visiting the "Modern" Art Gallery, which means relatively modern art compared to what came before: from Neoclassics to Romanticism up to the 1930s, more or less. More contemporary works are at the Museo Novecento.
The Palatine Gallery is a must, if you want a guided tour, I'd recommend one of these:
The Boboli are a must, but I think I prefer to visit on my own, as the tour can be too fast and I like to take my time and walk around. But if you choose a tour that includes the Boboli, you could always just stay on after the tour ends and enjoy the gardens on your own as well.