Taking the bus from Florence to Greve in Chianti?

dtc15

My partner and I will be staying at a small estate outside of Greve in Chianti, and we're interested in taking the bus from Florence to get there. I'm trying to learn more about the bus schedules, but was hoping somebody could provide some tips on what bus to take to get there? Google says it should be the 365A from Beslan T1 Fortezza to Bivio Montefioralle_V. What should we know about taking the bus? Thanks!

You can use the travel planner on the AT bus website [https://www.at-bus.it/it/linee-e-orari/travel-planner] to see which bus in particular will be best -- on desktop ahead of time so you have an idea of the timetables.... and then when you're here, you should download and install the AT bus app on your phone (and set up an account so that you can buy tickets directly on the app). It will be the simplest way to move around once you're here, since it gives you info on buses in real time based on your location.

For Greve, definitely the 365 line is the one you want. I don't know if the stops Google is suggesting are the best ones, not knowing where you're planning on staying but make sure to take a look at this map: https://files.at-bus.it/s3fs-public/documents/AT_Mappa_Hub_Firenze2023 (11).pdf as it is a recent designation of "transportation hubs" for buses from outside Florence (called extra urbani) that arrive into the city and the connecting "urban" lines. You'll have to buy extra urbani tickets from Greve to Florence and back. The T1 stop at Fortezza is one stop away from the SMN station (Valfonda stop is on one side, the Alamanni stop on the other) and with a bus ticket you can also use the tram stop to connect to the train station, a little less walking to do. So if you're arriving at the train station, you can take the tram for one stop and then get the 365 bus from there at the "hub Montelungo" which isn't right by the tram stop, you still need to walk down and around the Fortezza a little bit.

Cost for bus tickets for extra urbani vary upon the distance you're traveling while local buses within Florence cost 1,70 euro. Florence to Greve is around 35km so the ticket is 5 euro each way - check out the "tariffe" tab on this page for the extraurbani: https://www.at-bus.it/it/biglietti-e-abbonamenti/guida-allacquisto-e-allutilizzo
You can buy the ticket online on the app, by inputing depature and arrival station it will give you the option to buy one ticket or 4 tickets for that same amount of km (the 4 tickets have validity of 12 months). After you have the ticket on the app, you actually have to "validate" it right before you get on the bus. There is no date or time stamp on it until you actually say you want to use it, the extraurbani gives you the possibility to arrive at the hub in Florence and then continue on the tram for that one stop to the train station as part of the ticket (the pdf has that info, I wasn't able to find it elsewhere, since it's only been since the start of September that many bus routes were changed as the hubs were established).

Let me know if you have any other questions I can help with! Have a great day :D

You can use the travel planner on the AT bus website [https://www.at-bus.it/it/linee-e-orari/travel-planner] to see which bus in particular will be best -- on desktop ahead of time so you have an idea of the timetables.... and then when you're here, you should download and install the AT bus app on your phone (and set up an account so that you can buy tickets directly on the app). It will be the simplest way to move around once you're here, since it gives you info on buses in real time based on your location.

For Greve, definitely the 365 line is the one you want. I don't know if the stops Google is suggesting are the best ones, not knowing where you're planning on staying but make sure to take a look at this map: https://files.at-bus.it/s3fs-public/documents/AT_Mappa_Hub_Firenze2023 (11).pdf as it is a recent designation of "transportation hubs" for buses from outside Florence (called extra urbani) that arrive into the city and the connecting "urban" lines. You'll have to buy extra urbani tickets from Greve to Florence and back. The T1 stop at Fortezza is one stop away from the SMN station (Valfonda stop is on one side, the Alamanni stop on the other) and with a bus ticket you can also use the tram stop to connect to the train station, a little less walking to do. So if you're arriving at the train station, you can take the tram for one stop and then get the 365 bus from there at the "hub Montelungo" which isn't right by the tram stop, you still need to walk down and around the Fortezza a little bit.

Cost for bus tickets for extra urbani vary upon the distance you're traveling while local buses within Florence cost 1,70 euro. Florence to Greve is around 35km so the ticket is 5 euro each way - check out the "tariffe" tab on this page for the extraurbani: https://www.at-bus.it/it/biglietti-e-abbonamenti/guida-allacquisto-e-allutilizzo
You can buy the ticket online on the app, by inputing depature and arrival station it will give you the option to buy one ticket or 4 tickets for that same amount of km (the 4 tickets have validity of 12 months). After you have the ticket on the app, you actually have to "validate" it right before you get on the bus. There is no date or time stamp on it until you actually say you want to use it, the extraurbani gives you the possibility to arrive at the hub in Florence and then continue on the tram for that one stop to the train station as part of the ticket (the pdf has that info, I wasn't able to find it elsewhere, since it's only been since the start of September that many bus routes were changed as the hubs were established).

Let me know if you have any other questions I can help with! Have a great day :D
Greve is wonderful. I was there last October for 3 days and i will visit again in early November, Possibly my favourite place in all of Italy.

My partner and I will be staying at a small estate outside of Greve in Chianti, and we're interested in taking the bus from Florence to get there. I'm trying to learn more about the bus schedules, but was hoping somebody could provide some tips on what bus to take to get there? Google says it should be the 365A from Beslan T1 Fortezza to Bivio Montefioralle_V. What should we know about taking the bus? online zumba classes Thanks!
Taking the bus from Florence to Greve in Chianti is a convenient and scenic way to reach your destination. Here are some tips to help you navigate the journey:

Bus Route: The bus route you mentioned, 365A, runs from Florence to Greve in Chianti. However, it's essential to double-check the schedule and route to ensure it aligns with your travel plans. You can find updated information on the ATAF website or inquire at the Florence bus station.
Departure Point: The bus typically departs from the main bus station in Florence, which is located near the Santa Maria Novella train station. Be sure to arrive at the station early to allow time for ticket purchase and boarding.
Ticket Purchase: You can purchase your bus tickets either online in advance or directly at the bus station. If buying at the station, look for the ticket counter or automated machines. Remember to validate your ticket before boarding the bus.
Travel Time: The journey from Florence to Greve in Chianti usually takes around 1 to 1.5 hours, depending on traffic and stops along the way. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the scenic views of the Tuscan countryside during the ride.
Arrival in Greve: The bus will drop you off at the designated stop in Greve in Chianti. From there, you may need to arrange for transportation to your specific accommodation. Taxis, rental cars, or even walking are common options, depending on the distance.
Schedule: Be sure to check the bus schedule for the return journey from Greve to Florence to plan your trip back accordingly. Schedules may vary depending on the day of the week and time of year.
Flexibility: While public transportation can be reliable, it's always a good idea to remain flexible with your plans. Delays or changes to the schedule can occur, so allow for some extra time in your itinerary.

By following these tips and doing a bit of research beforehand, you can have a smooth and enjoyable bus journey from Florence to Greve in Chianti. Safe travels!