Val d’Orcia

PeterDickens

Good morning.
I have discovered you a bit late but would appreciate your help for 2 days of our trip to Tuscany.
We have already booked the following and are wondering about the following?
1. We are staying in Florence for a few days and plant to rent a car to stay 3 nights in Fiano, just south of Florence. This is north of S. Gimignano.
Any advice re day trips whilst there.
2. We then plan to drive south to
stay-somewhere in the Valle d’Orcia for 2 days before driving to Pisa and our plane home.
Where would be good to stay and to visit over 2 days? Montalcino, Pienza, Montepulciano, Cortona?
We have visited Siena before.
3. Just to be random..
Are we missing wonderful things north of Florence by doing 3?
Kind Regards
Peter Dickens

Ciao Peter,

I imagine while you're in Fiano you'll be seeing the immediate area - from San Gimignano and the various villages in Chianti to Volterra, Certaldo, San Miniato. The 3 days will fly by!

2 days in Val d'Orcia do allow you to see Montalcino, Pienza, I would add in a quick stop in San Quirico d'Orcia too, and Montepulciano.
Cortona is a bit further away, so you could try for Montalcino, San Quirico and Pienza on day one, Montepulciano and Cortona on the second.

Will you have time to see Pisa? North of Florence are small villages, lots of outdoor spaces... I wouldn't say you'd be missing a top must-see other than maybe north of Pisa you're missing on Lucca, but that's if you have the time once you're heading back (or maybe while you're in Florence?) You don't say how many days you're in Florence.