Calcio Storico 2023

Qualizza

Hi, we are travelling to Florence in June 2023 & are hoping to get tickets to Calcio Storico. Can you pls let me know the dates that the games are on & when ticket sales start.

Tks
MQ

The main final is always on June 24, while the two semifinals are generally 2 weeks before that. Looking at the calendar, they should be June 10 and 11th this year. When do you think you'll be in Florence? Tickets for the semifinals go on sale that week before, the same for the final. Tickets are only sold here in Florence at one box office and lines are long, it makes getting tickets a bit difficult but not impossible. You just have to plan to be here the week before the games.

Thanks Lourdes, we will be in Florence on the 4th June so not sure if this will fit in with the timeline for tickets, it’s very difficult to find info here in Australia (even online). If we can’t get
Tickets I’m sure the atmosphere in Florence will be amazing😊

If you do arrive on the 4th, it's possible you can get tickets for the semi-finals which will be soon after but are you planning on being in Florence for the entire week? Maybe you had planned on doing something else in the meantime....? It's hard to get info but know this, you can only buy tickets here in person, not online at all. If you check back in the beginning of June, I will check and update any details on the Calcio Storico article about getting tickets, but it should be the same location since it has been for the last 5 years (not counting pandemic times when the games were suspended). The Box Office Toscana on via delle Carceri Vecchie. I'll just confirm what day they go on sale once the city posts info on that.

The day of, even if you don't get tickets, you can enjoy the parade downtown before the game: the teams deck out in their costume and the societies that dress in historical costume parade from piazza Santa Maria Novella to Piazza della Signoria and then on to Piazza Santa Croce, so you will still get to enjoy that, it is pretty neat!! The game can be watched on TV on local channels, free! So if for some reason you can't get tickets, head back to your hotel room or apartment and watch it there ;).

If you do arrive on the 4th, it's possible you can get tickets for the semi-finals which will be soon after but are you planning on being in Florence for the entire week? Maybe you had planned on doing something else in the meantime....? It's hard to get info but know this, you can only buy tickets here in person, not online at all. If you check back in the beginning of June, I will check and update any details on the Calcio Storico article about getting tickets, but it should be the same location since it has been for the last 5 years (not counting pandemic times when the games were suspended). The Box Office Toscana on via delle Carceri Vecchie. I'll just confirm what day they go on sale once the city posts info on that.

The day of, even if you don't get tickets, you can enjoy the parade downtown before the game: the teams deck out in their costume and the societies that dress in historical costume parade from piazza Santa Maria Novella to Piazza della Signoria and then on to Piazza Santa Croce, so you will still get to enjoy that, it is pretty neat!! The game can be watched on TV on local channels, free! So if for some reason you can't get tickets, head back to your hotel room or apartment and watch it there ;).
Hi Lourdes, thanks for getting back to me with the info. We are going with friends & basing ourselves in Florence for 2 weeks so hopefully we can get tickets😊. Sounds like the atmosphere is fantastic & something to enjoy…this will be our 3rd trip to Italy (my husband is Italian - his family are from the north), we love it there & will not be disappointed at all if we can’t get tickets😊

Then it sounds like you can most definitely be on the ground here and go get some tickets! I'll update the info we have on dates as soon as they are available, from Easter when we know who plays who and end of May when they usually tell us when tickets will be sold.

Lots of day trips from Florence, you will get a chance to also see lots of Tuscany then. June is a busy month, there are events in Pisa (Giugno Pisano) and San Gimignano (Ferie delle Messi) you should mark on your itinerary to include ;)

Then it sounds like you can most definitely be on the ground here and go get some tickets! I'll update the info we have on dates as soon as they are available, from Easter when we know who plays who and end of May when they usually tell us when tickets will be sold.

Lots of day trips from Florence, you will get a chance to also see lots of Tuscany then. June is a busy month, there are events in Pisa (Giugno Pisano) and San Gimignano (Ferie delle Messi) you should mark on your itinerary to include ;)
Me and my family also want to see the finals of Calcio Storico :)
And here's the question:
- Realistically, how much earlier do We have to line up at the ticket office to have a chance to buy a ticket?
- How many tickets can one person buy?

Realistically, if you want tickets, you have to be there before the numbers are handed out, because the good seats sell out fast. But if you don't mind seating in the popular sections standing room, then you don't have to worry about not getting those tickets.
I am not sure if they have set a limit but I think it was 6 in past years, I will have to check on that. If you need more, then show up in two to get more tickets.

Ciao Miguel,
Likely just 2 days before is too late to find tickets, the good seats generally sell out on the first day and the "curve" or seats that are reserved for each of the team's fans on the ends are standing room only, those are generally available longer but who knows when.
I honestly don't know if there are agencies that buy a lot and then resell them, or if that is even allowed.
But you can still go downtown, go stand along the route the parade in costume takes to Piazza Santa Croce and enjoy the festive atmosphere. You can stick around the piazza and soak in the atmosphere of the game for a bit, if there is space there might be a chance to get in.

The game is aired on local TVs and that gives you a much better view, if you want to watch it.

As far as Google Maps go, the marker on the map is wrong so it is very possible someone went by and signaled it to Google, who then marked it as permanently closed because the office is not at that location. I checked their website, their headquarters are there and that's the address on their website, they have many points of sale across the city for other events but for Calcio Storico you can only get them there. I've been, there's a big crowd to buy tickets and you get numbers first, to then manage the crowd. It's getting a number that's the mess, then once the numbers are all handed out the part is waiting to see if you still get seats by the time you go in.

Hi Lourdes
Do you know if date has been released for ticket sales yet??
I did see that the semi final dates have been released, but couldn’t see ticket sale dates.
Ciao
Merryn

Not yet, but they should be going on sale in about a week-10 days... generally the Monday before the semi-finals.
Tickets for the final are only sold that week before as well.

Not yet, but they should be going on sale in about a week-10 days... generally the Monday before the semi-finals.
Lourdes,

I will be in Florence with my family on Saturday June 24th and would love to attend the final calcio storico match if possible.

I'm considering flying into Florence the weekend before to attempt to buy tickets, do you know what day the final tickets would go on sale? I know it's generally the week prior, but would love to know the actual day so I can plan accordingly!

Tickets for the semi-finals went on sale today! I updated the Calcio Storico article yesterday with info on those tickets: https://www.visitflorence.com/florence-events/calcio-storico-fiorentino.html The info was just shared on Sunday on the city's social channels.

No info has been given out on the final match yet, but it will likely follow a similar pattern: tickets sold only IN PERSON for first two days, then any remaining tickets will be added online. As for WHEN, that is likely to be the week before the game, on the 19th or 20th. I do know sale of tickets never starts on the weekend, going off from the past few years, so if you're planning to come early, just come that week before.

Hi Lourdes, thanks for getting back to me with the info. We are going with friends & basing ourselves in Florence for 2 weeks so hopefully we can get tickets😊. Sounds like the atmosphere is fantastic & something to enjoy…this will be our 3rd trip to Italy (my husband is Italian - his family are from the north), we love it there & will not be disappointed at all if we can’t get tickets😊

Did you get tickets for the semi-finals or are you waiting for the final game?

Me and my family also want to see the finals of Calcio Storico :)
And here's the question:
- Realistically, how much earlier do We have to line up at the ticket office to have a chance to buy a ticket?
- How many tickets can one person buy?
make sure to read the article which I keep updating with all the info on tickets, including hours and dates. I will add info on the final match as soon as I find it! :D

Hi Lourdes, we managed to get tickets thanks to our Airbnb host….she is amazing!!
Can’t wait for tomorrow’s game😊
Thanks for all your intel about this.
Merryn

Hi Lourdes,
It was amazing, the build up with the parade, drummers, trumpeters, flag throwing was fantastic. It did rain, but that only added to the atmosphere!!
We have never seen anything like this & probably never will again, definitely a bucket list item😊
MQ

It sounds like you had a wonderful time overall! I'm very glad it worked out, despite the weather!
Thank you for sharing with us! And thank you for the coffee!! :)
:):)