Do you know any independent Italian bookstores in Florence?

Will Wang

Hello,

I arrived in Florence a few days ago. While travelling in Arezzo and other small towns, I am very interested in finding small, independent bookstores where their owners often can give me wonderful insights about contemporary italian novels. If you happen to know any independent bookstores in town, please let me know. I will be very grateful for your answers.

A lot of thanks,
Will

Ciao Will and welcome to our forum!

Do you want bookstores with predominantly English books or Italian bookstores?

For English, head to the Paperback Exchange on via delle Oche, just south of Piazza Duomo.

For Italian, there lots here in Florence! Here are just a few:
La Citè
Libri Liberi
Marabuk
Todo Modo
Mucho Mojo
Libreria Gioberti

Have fun exploring!

Ciao Will and welcome to our forum!

Do you want bookstores with predominantly English books or Italian bookstores?

For English, head to the Paperback Exchange on via delle Oche, just south of Piazza Duomo.

For Italian, there lots here in Florence! Here are just a few:
La Citè
Libri Liberi
Marabuk
Todo Modo
Mucho Mojo
Libreria Gioberti

Have fun exploring!
Oh, fantastic! Yay, I want to visit independent bookstores with predominantly Italian books.
Thank you so much for your bookstore tips, Lourdes.
Buona domenica a te!

All of the ones I listed are independent, not chain stores. There are others, I suggest you visit these on foot and the chances of discovering others along the way are high ;-).

Yeah, I visit libri liberi. It has a nice atmosphere. I love its youth clima. Indeed, I had wanted to visit other independent stores you listed for me, but I had to finish some legal work. I also had to return to Trieste today for a job related to real estate acquisition conducted in a Notary office. So the visit was not finalized. Nevertheless, I bought Jane Austen and Cesare Pavese's books. So thank you!

I am glad to discover that life in Tuscany as comfortable as Trieste, and Firenze is a nice place to stay while lawyering.

Your forum is fantastic. I wish I have been here much earlier. Hope to ask you more questions in the future. Is it possible to offer you a coffee to say my thanks via Italian bank instead?

Ti auguro un buon inizio della settimana!

It's too bad you had to cut your visit short but Triste is not too far away so hope you can plan another getaway soon back to Florence and Tuscany!

Feel free to post and ask away, I'll try to offer assistance as much as I can :D Buona settimana a te!

I was there for over a week. The time was fairly good for a work/leisure trip. Afterwards I have been entertaining the idea of taking Florence or Milan as a base for international legal work - fly and go - as Trieste is an isolated, unsuitable town for this kind of practice.

It seems you truly are a Tuscan expert, which requires a lot of learning, experience and self-discipline. Complimenti!