Firenze Card and the Uffizi

Papayala

Greetings
My wife and I are planning our second "luna di miele" after 35 years and we want to visit the Uffizi and Academia and we will have a Firenze Card. Can you advise us on how to get proceed with getting a reservation. The phone numbers for the Uffizi seem to tell you that the line is there are no operators and you have waited for many minutes.

Grazie, Carlos

Ciao Carlos and congrats on the anniversary, I am sure your vacation will be super special!

I found this info on the Firenze Card website, in the FAQ section - https://www.firenzecard.it/en/faq:

Maybe the part you got to requires that you press 3? otherwise wait until you get here and do it in person.

How can I book the priority access to Gallerie degli Uffizi and Galleria dell'Accademia with Firenzecard?

Firenzecard holders can enter through the priority access door only with a booking for an appointed time (this booking applies to any minors included in the Card too). For Firenzecard customers, time slots are always guaranteed for priority entry.

The reservation can be made:
  1. Phoning the Firenze Musei call centre +39 055 294883 (from 8:30am to 6:30 pm from Monday to Friday; from 8:30am to 06:00pm on Saturday; from 09:00 to 06:00pm on Sunday and holidays) by providing name and surname. You will receive a reservation code to be presented at the ticket office of the reserved museum, to be shown together with your Firenzecard. Please note: after choosing the language, wait even if the initial automatic message specifies that visit availability is not available for the desired day; press 3 for bookings with Firenzecard and 1 for consent to the processing of personal data.
  2. Going in person to one of the following ticket offices:
    Orsanmichele ticket office, inside the Church of Orsanmichele, entrance on Via dei Calzaiuoli (from 10:00am to 4:00pm from Monday to Saturday and holidays; closed on Sunday);
    My Accademia ticket office, via Ricasoli n.105/red (from Tuesday to Sunday from 8:15am to 5:00pm, closed on Monday);
    showing the Firenzecard or its voucher, you can book (in case you have already booked by phone, you provide the reservation code) and collect the booking confirmation to be shown together with the Firenze Card at the priority access door of the museum when you visit it at the appointed time and date.
  3. Going in person to one of the following ticket offices: Galleria degli Uffizi (door n.2 only), Museo Nazionale del Bargello, Palazzo Pitti, you can purchase Firenzecard and, at the same time, book and collect the booking confirmation to be shown together with the Firenzecard at the priority access door of the museum when you visit it at the appointed time and date.
Attention: The free reservation must also be made for children under 18 of the family unit of the Firenzecard holder.

Ciao Carlos, Congratulations on your second honeymoon! It sounds like the perfect way to celebrate your marriage. When it comes to the Firenze Card, it's a great way to explore all the sights and attractions of Florence without having to worry about tickets and reservations. The best part is that you can make all your reservations online, from the comfort of your home. I'm sure you will find it to be a great value for money. If you're having difficulty getting through to the Uffizi, you could also consider visiting the Accademia di Belle Arti first. The Accademia offers discounts for Firenze Card holders, and it is one of the most popular attractions in Florence. Buon viaggio, and enjoy your stay!