Firenze card

Lisa C

My husband and I will be spending 3 days in Florence in Oct 2021. I was considering getting the Firenze card to potentially save money and also fast track museum admission where applicable. Based on info I found on the http://firenzecard.it/ site it looks like the cards are not back in operation yet. Any sense on when the Firenze cards will become operational again? I am concerned about waiting too long to book tickets and then not being able to get the days/times we would like.

At this time, I would highly recommend you consider planning your trip by first making a list of the museums you want to absolutely visit. If both Accademia and Uffizi are on that list, I suggest you book those museums directly. Those are the ones with long lines that have number of visitors limited down from what they were before, so it makes sense to book those, even in October.

Which other museums are on your list? It is likely you don't have to buy tickets ahead for those, considering you're coming in October.

The numbers of tourists in the city are still small compared to the past, and I doubt they will be the same as in the past by then. Starting in 2 days, across Italy all museums will require the Green Pass or its equivalent in order for anyone to visit. This as Covid cases have seen an increase over the last few weeks. If the measures planned for limiting activities for those with Green Passes works, we hope everything will still be open in October. The Firenze Card has not been reactivated because not all museums are yet back open with regular hours.... so they don't want to offer something you might not be able to fully use. If things were to go well and museums reopen, then the card might be reactivated before your arrival and you can just buy it once you arrive. However, I'd recommend that if you want to wait and see, that by the second half of September you check back here with us. We will let you know how things are - and if by then you haven't booked tickets for the Uffizi and Accademia, to go ahead and book.

I really appreciate your guidance Lourdes and will proceed with booking tickets for the Accademia and Uffizi directly. Other places we hoped to go where I thought we might need tickets ahead of time were the Duomo complex, Pitti Palace/ Boboli Gardens, Bardini Gardens and perhaps the Palazzo Vecchio. Any guidance you have in relationship to those attractions would be most appreciated. Although we will not be in Florence until Oct we are leaving for Italy on Sept 15th and I am trying to buy any tickets that need to be purchased in advance prior to our departure.
It is wondeful to have a forum like this where one can pose questions!

Ciao Lisa, you are on your way over to Italy.

I would just wait until you are here to get tickets for all of those other places you are interested in, the only one that needs definite booking is if you want to go up the Duomo's cupola but there are generally tickets for the day of. Just go first thing in the morning to book the tickets to climb later that day! You can also book online once you're here: https://operaduomofirenze.skiperformance.com/it/negozio#/it/acquista

Safe travels and enjoy!

Hi there,

Any news about when the Firenze Card being back into action? Also I came across a 5 day Pass for access to the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, Brunelleschi’s Dome, Giotto’s Bell Tower, The Baptistry of San Giovanni, The Crypt of Santa Reparata and the Opera Museum. "One ticket gives you access to all 5 sites and it’s actually great value for money at 18 Euros.". However I do not see anywhere to actually purchase it. Has this Pass also been cancelled ? Thanks.

Hi there,

Any news about when the Firenze Card being back into action? Also I came across a 5 day Pass for access to the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, Brunelleschi’s Dome, Giotto’s Bell Tower, The Baptistry of San Giovanni, The Crypt of Santa Reparata and the Opera Museum. "One ticket gives you access to all 5 sites and it’s actually great value for money at 18 Euros.". However I do not see anywhere to actually purchase it. Has this Pass also been cancelled ? Thanks.
Ciao Yvette,
I had come across some news saying that they were planning to activate the program again, but for now I haven't seen when that will be. With major changes occurring this week as far as regards rules for visiting museums (no longer need to social distance, masks and green pass remain in place as requirements), it could be that the pass is offered again soon, like next week. Keep checking their Facebook page to see updates.
Yes, I can confirm that the 5 day pass for the duomo sites (dome, cathedral, bell tower, baptistery, crypt and museum) is no longer offered. There was no way to manage entrance numbers so for now, there are tickets for each of the sites (except for the baptistery, there is a combo ticket for museum and baptistery and that's the only way to see the baptistery). This could change but I'm thinking it won't in the near future. With sale of tickets for each monument, they monitor better the number of visitors to each site.