First Time Tuscany

You're fine with the car hire if Indigo took your money and acted as a middle person, with them paying Europcar for you.

As far as TRAIN from Paris to Florence, I've done it overnight to make the time pass quicker :) but do remember arrival was pretty early in the morning in that case. I checked and for day travel it can take from 10-12 hours since you need to change trains, that's the part the causes variations. Overnight the trains take 12-15 hours, maybe on purpose to make departure and arrival times fit better to people sleeping.

Thanks Lourdes. Much appreciated.

We are currently booked about 1 hour by car from Florence in Castellina in Chianti. We may need to move closer, ditch the car and go on organised tours. I would still like my wife to have a lovely villa type experience... Any places you'd recommend in Florence??

Ok she doesn't want Florence... We would like somewhere that is in the Tuscan region still but close to a train station. Unfortunately the absolutely stunning place we are booked at now is not near one :(

I'm sorry I missed your last questions on here and am barely finding them -- but since you're not here yet, my answers should still be useful.

Drive to Florence to the Villa Costanza parking lot along the A1, you can park all day there for 7 euro. Then take the tram T1 line into SMN train station, do your day visit and return back to pick up car -- no need to worry about Florence traffic or ZTL no drive zones!! :D

You can buy the tram tickets directly by the tram, there are automatic machines for tickets, 1,50 euro per person per trip (ticket is actually valid for 90 minutes but if you're in downtown Florence, you don't need to use other buses to move around).