Florence on Christmas eve and Christmas

sumibowers

We arrive in Florence on 12.24 2022. Will we be able to find restaurants open that day as well as on Christmas. If we stay in a hotel instead of an airbnb, will the hotels restaurants be open for meals? We would expect so, but just checking to make sure.

Ciao! YES, normally both hotels and restaurants will stay open on both December 24th and 25th!! If you stay in an airb&b, you can have the option of buying some food ahead of time and at least having one of the meals from those days at home but you won't have to ;-)

Let me add that if you arrive on the 24th and plan to go to the supermarket to make some purchases, just make sure to go as soon as you can. While grocery stores usually will have their normal hours on the 24th, most supermarkets here close by 8.30/9pm latest.
Many supermarkets will be closed on the 25th as it is a national holiday. There might be some exceptions, but I would expect most to be closed.

Restaurants, on the other hand, will be open on the 25th, as I had posted earlier.

Perfect! We have never traveled in the country during the Christmas holiday so were unsure of what to expect. Thanks for your reply!

No problem! As far as specific things going on around that period, it will be better to wait and see what is planned around the holidays. We really really hope that we will have this virus under control and we will be able to move around and enjoy the holidays as close to "normal" as possible this year! So for those types of details, do check back in November to see what is going on.

If you need any help in planning out an itinerary or ideas of what to see, where to go, look around the site and see what looks interesting. If you have any questions, post away! ;)