Florence to Bologna airport at early morning

Lir0ni

Hi there,
We have a flight at 7am from Bologna airport outbound, but the first bus shuttle I found is on 3:50am, arriving at 5:10 to the airport.
I heard it's a small airport that only opens at 4am, but will it be enough time for us if we have to check in a luggage and pass security, especially during covid times?
Are there any other ways to arrive (I saw a cab is super expensive)?
Another options is to arrive at Bologna but depart from Rome, but that would be annoying too for a 3 days trip (1:30-2:00 hours train ride at midnight)..
Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Ciao!
If you arrive at the airport already having done the online check-in and negative Covid test in hand (wait, you're here only 3 days? maybe your initial test will still be valid?), there usually is the option to just do the drop off of luggage to the side and the wait times at the airport should not be bad. Considering the hour, while the airport will be awake and busy for those early flights, the time should be sufficient for arrival, drop off of luggage and security.

Thank you for your detailed answer! We bought tickets after your reassurance. Do you happen to know if there's any discount for buying train tickets early? We're debating between buying now (our trip is in a month) and risking in missing it in case the process when landing would last longer (or shorter) then planned, and buying them on the spot.

I don't believe I've ever seen an offer that I was able to take, so I suggest you take a look at trenitalia.com and see if there are any that would apply to you (from groups to specific routes). If there aren't, then I suggest you just wait to get them. That way you don't have a specific train to meet, you arrive when you do and just buy tickets on the spot for the next one. At least one less thing to worry about!