Giostra del Saracino Standing Room Clarification

cfraraccio

Lourdes,

I am trying to better understand the standing room tickets for the June joust. We just finalized our travel plans to Arezzo and the deadline for ticket sales has expired according to the official website, so it doesn't seem we can get tickets. From your earlier replies, it seems that the standing room area is an option, but also requires tickets for 6 euro. I want to confirm I understand that right and then determine if there is any way to get tickets at this point? Are there standing places you can watch for free? Or do they sell more tickets the day of the joust?

Thank you,
Christie

Ciao Christie and welcome to our forum!

Don't worry about tickets being sold out - the only ones that were being prebooked were for residents for the central Chimet tribune area, that's it!!
So you couldn't have bought tickets before now, because general tickets have not gone on sale to the general public yet!

For example, right now residents can prebook tickets for the September match and they say there are only 150 spots that can be prebooked for the Chimet central area.

Tickets don't go on sale until the week before the event, so for this June, since the tournament is on Saturday June 22, tickets will be sold from the 15th. There are also tickets sold for the general trial held on Thursday, June 20, in case you want to go to that too.

Tickets for standing room are 10 euro, kids up to 4 are free if held in arms, kids 5-14 pay reduced rate of 6 euro.

Unfortunately, the official website doesn't give out any details whatsoever as to HOW or WHERE the tickets will be sold - whether only in person or online, so I suggest you check this page on the Saracino website - https://giostradelsaracinoarezzo.it/info-tickets/ over the next few weeks to see what info they give out. I'll also try to keep a lookout and see what is given out as info.

When do you arrive in Tuscany? Will you be in Arezzo or that area prior to the 22nd?

Lourdes,

I am trying to better understand the standing room tickets for the June joust. We just finalized our travel plans to Arezzo and the deadline for ticket sales has expired according to the official website, so it doesn't seem we can get tickets. From your earlier replies, it seems that the standing room area is an option, but also requires tickets for 6 euro. I want to confirm I understand that right and then determine if there is any way to get tickets at this point? Are there standing places you can watch for free? Or do they sell more tickets the day of the joust?

Thank you,
Christie
Lourdes,

Wow, thank you so much for this information! This is great news that we didn't miss the ticket sales. I will

Don't worry about tickets being sold out - the only ones that were being prebooked were for residents for the central Chimet tribune area, that's it!!
So you couldn't have bought tickets before now, because general tickets have not gone on sale to the general public yet!

For example, right now residents can prebook tickets for the September match and they say there are only 150 spots that can be prebooked for the Chimet central area.

Tickets don't go on sale until the week before the event, so for this June, since the tournament is on Saturday June 22, tickets will be sold from the 15th. There are also tickets sold for the general trial held on Thursday, June 20, in case you want to go to that too.

Tickets for standing room are 10 euro, kids up to 4 are free if held in arms, kids 5-14 pay reduced rate of 6 euro.

Unfortunately, the official website doesn't give out any details whatsoever as to HOW or WHERE the tickets will be sold - whether only in person or online, so I suggest you check this page on the Saracino website - https://giostradelsaracinoarezzo.it/info-tickets/ over the next few weeks to see what info they give out. I'll also try to keep a lookout and see what is given out as info.

When do you arrive in Tuscany? Will you be in Arezzo or that area prior to the 22nd?
Lourdes,

Wow, thank you so much for this information! This is great news that we didn't miss the ticket sales, I am so excited! I will definitely keep checking the website over the next few weeks to see if they announce online or in person sales. We will be in Tuscany prior, but about an hour and a half away until the day of the joust. I will keep my fingers crossed they sell them on line, but if not, we will have a decision to make about going over another day earlier in the week to buy the tickets. I have the website already bookmarked and a reminder on my phone about buying them starting the 15th.

You have truly made my day, thank you again!
Christie

Lourdes,

Wow, thank you so much for this information! This is great news that we didn't miss the ticket sales. I will

Lourdes,

Wow, thank you so much for this information! This is great news that we didn't miss the ticket sales, I am so excited! I will definitely keep checking the website over the next few weeks to see if they announce online or in person sales. We will be in Tuscany prior, but about an hour and a half away until the day of the joust. I will keep my fingers crossed they sell them on line, but if not, we will have a decision to make about going over another day earlier in the week to buy the tickets. I have the website already bookmarked and a reminder on my phone about buying them starting the 15th.

You have truly made my day, thank you again!
Christie

Hello Lourdes. I just joined this forum, and I have the same question about Giostra del Saracino tickets for Sunday Sept 1 2024. On the ticket web link, the English translation (Google) says the 150 ticket advance ticket sale is for NON residents only. Perhaps that is incorrect, and these 150 advance sale tickets are only for residents? I believe you mentioned that general ticket sales (standing room?) go on sale 1 week before the Sept 1 event. Would that also include some grandstand tickets, if available? I will be checking the ticket website as we get closer to the last week in August. Thank you.

Ciao StewJep,

No no, that's what it says! For the September Giostra, the way it reads is that those 150 spots on the grand stand are reserved for RESIDENTS OUTSIDE the province of Arezzo which can be reserved by email only. I am imagining local residents are given other channels for booking that might not even be put up on the website.

It doesn't say you have to live anywhere specific (like in Tuscany), so you should most definitely email them and ask to book tickets and see what they say. It says to send ID that shows your residency is outside of the province of Arezzo and the names for the tickets, you can reserve a max of 4 tickets. They should send confirmation of whether there are still tickets available. You will only be asked to pay the week ahead of the event.

Let us know if this works for you, please! It's always useful to know how these procedures end up working (or not).

Ciao StewJep,

No no, that's what it says! For the September Giostra, the way it reads is that those 150 spots on the grand stand are reserved for RESIDENTS OUTSIDE the province of Arezzo which can be reserved by email only. I am imagining local residents are given other channels for booking that might not even be put up on the website.

It doesn't say you have to live anywhere specific (like in Tuscany), so you should most definitely email them and ask to book tickets and see what they say. It says to send ID that shows your residency is outside of the province of Arezzo and the names for the tickets, you can reserve a max of 4 tickets. They should send confirmation of whether there are still tickets available. You will only be asked to pay the week ahead of the event.

Let us know if this works for you, please! It's always useful to know how these procedures end up working (or not).
OK thank you Lourdes. I emailed them a few days ago, asking two reserve two tickets, grandstand A or B, for Sept 1 but I have not gotten a reply yet. If they do not reply, then am I able to buy tickets starting 7 days before Sept 1? Is there a chance that tickets will not be available, even standing room? We are planning a specific detour to Arezzo, along our itinerary from Florence to Montepulciano, specifically to see this Giostra event. (My wife will be disappointed if we somehow cannot get tickets). Standing room would be OK, but I think grandstand would be better?

Standing room will definitely be available, just hold on tight, it could be that they are busy with the June edition and might take a while to get back to you, hope not too long though. The stands make it easier to see and spend the hours there, that's for sure!