Handicap parking permit

Mauricio Silva

We are traveling from El Salvador to Tuscany with a person that has moving restrictions. How can we obtain a handicap parking permit?

Ciao there!
Do you have one back home you use for your car? You can use that one if you bring it with you, and use that on your rental car. You can't actually apply for one here, not even a temporary one.

Ciao y gracia. We will take one from here then and will apply for one there, where do we apply? We are staying near Cortona and Camusia.

That's the beauty of it, you bring your handicap placard to display in the car from back home - and use that here!
You don't need to apply for one once you're here at all!
Now, that's for parking. If you want to get a temporary permit to enter into the ZTL during the day while the limited traffic zone is active, you will need to apply for that. Will you be staying in Florence at all or just in Tuscany? Are you planning a day trip into Florence or Siena? Applying for permission to enter each city you visit will be a big hassle so I would not recommend it. If anything, I'd recommend driving in, parking and then taking a taxi into the center if you need it. Does your relative need a wheelchair/will be traveling with one? I'm asking to better understand the conditions of the mobility handicap to better recommend parking areas or whether you'll need a wheelchair while here.

Thanks a lot Lourdes, this is very helpful.
My friend can walk but very slowly, so with the parking permit is enough.
We will be visiting small towns in Tuscany from Cortona. We will go to Florence just to go to the airport (been there several times). So if we go to the center we will do as you say.
Ciao