How to validate bus tickets in Florence

traveling gal

My husband and I have each loaded the at-bus-it app on our phones and have each purchased a carnet of 10 tickets for Florence. Can you please describe how we validate from our phone when we get on the bus? The phone app says 10 tickets available, tap to activate. We're just not sure where or how to "tap". Also will the number shown as available decrease after each tap?
Thank you for any information. We enjoy your Discover Tuscany posts and find the site very helpful.

Yes, you should click on the "tap to activate" link and then it should show time activated, you show that in case you are asked for a ticket by a controller on the bus.
The number should decrease by a ticket every time you use it, so it should be easy to keep track of how many you have you can still use.

Hope all goes will during your time in Florence! Let us know if you have any questions :D

Yes, you should click on the "tap to activate" link and then it should show time activated, you show that in case you are asked for a ticket by a controller on the bus.
The number should decrease by a ticket every time you use it, so it should be easy to keep track of how many you have you can still use.

Hope all goes will during your time in Florence! Let us know if you have any questions :D
same question as we are in firenze for 5 weeks. tap on the app or tap phone to a machine on the bus?? can i use the app 2 times on my phone for my wife and i??

verona and amsterdam and paris we tapped the machine in the bus so i am confused.

how to we show ticket police on app>???

Tap inside the app to validate, you have to purchase them inside the app and then select the tickets you want to use and validate them.
And yes, you can buy more tickets on one phone and use more than one at a time.
If you're asked to show the tickets, you open the app and it shows the tickets that are currently being used.

Unfortunately, the tap and buy functionality on the buses was disabled during Covid restrictions and, since then, the bus company has changed ownership and that option has not been reintroduced. It was very easy to use, so hope it will return at some point.

same question as we are in firenze for 5 weeks. tap on the app or tap phone to a machine on the bus?? can i use the app 2 times on my phone for my wife and i??

verona and amsterdam and paris we tapped the machine in the bus so i am confused.

how to we show ticket police on app>???
Good question. Is Omio: Trains, buses, flights on Apple Store the same App that you are talking about?. I search for at-bus-it app, the Omio showed up. Please help. Thanks Margaret

Good question. Is Omio: Trains, buses, flights on Apple Store the same App that you are talking about?. I search for at-bus-it app, the Omio showed up. Please help. Thanks Margaret
IMG_5546.jpeg

It looks like this. I just searched for “at bus”

Can you see it now?