Info varie e accesso animali

Freddie

Salve a tutti e complimenti per questo forum straordinario che si sta rilevando una straordinaria fonte per organizzare il ns prossimo viaggio con famiglia e cagnolina al seguito.

E' il ns primo viaggio in Toscana, ho prenotato in località Rota, a circa 20 km a sud di Firenze. Il programma al momento prevede come tappe necessarie: Firenze, Pisa, Siena e poi Val d'Orcia (borgo san quirico, bagno vignoni, bagni san filippo...non ho idea di quanto tempo occorra per visitarli). E non credo che riusciremo anche a spingerci fino a Saturnia. forse è meglio concentrarsi per godere dei posti, piuttosto che allargare il giro... non saprei, attendo i vs preziosissimi suggerimenti. Ah, dimenticavo che staremo solo 5-6 notti.

volevo chiedere:
- un percorso con relative tappe di cosa vedere in queste località;

- è consentito l'accesso ai 4zampe nei musei, chiese e luoghi d'arte in generale?

- è possibile indicare luoghi di interessi con accesso libero (gratis)?

- dovendo scegliere, quale museo visitare assolutamente?

- viaggiamo in auto, venendo da sud di Firenze, dove consigliate di parcheggiare? e nelle altre città?

Grazie in anticipo per il tempo che mi dedicherete.
Saluti dalla Puglia

Ciao Freddy, benvenuta nel nostro forum!
Come avrai visto, rispondo solitamente in inglese perchè, prima sono americana e mi è più facile rispondere in inglese, poi secondo, la maggior parte di nostri utenti parlano inglese e quindi le risposte possono aiutare tante persone, oltre la persona che ha fatto le domande. Mi pare che hai già trovato delle informazioni utili, spero quindi non sia un problema se rispondo anche alle tue domande in inglese. Poi semmai se hai dei dubbi, cerco di chiarirle con piccole note anche in italiano, fammi sapere ;-).
(nota: ho trovato due tue post, ho cancellato uno così rispondo solo su uno).

- 5/6 days are not very much so definitely better to make a selection of places you want to visit and focus on those. By Rota, you mean the Tenuta di Rota in Reggello, correct? A big positive is that you're near the A1 there and can move quickly to Florence, Pisa and Siena, as well as to Val d'Orcia.

- what to see at each place? we have a 1 day itinerary for Pisa, for Siena, for Florence - check those out!
You could drive through Chianti on the way back from Florence to see the hills, maybe stop at a hill town.
Same for the day in Pisa - drive back passing through San Gimignano to get to see that.

As for your last 2 days, you can dedicate those to Val d'Orcia. I have a day in Val d'Orcia itinerary which suggests you to drive through and make stops at the main towns and viewpoints. Since you want to visit the hot springs, that's why I suggest you spend another day there, a slower day which will let you to enjoy taking time to slow down. Out of Bagno Vignoni and Bagni San Filippo, I would suggest the second. Saturnia is definitely too far from where you are staying.

- Traveling with pets: pets are most welcome as you travel, I have found only museums that are the most strict. Only dogs that assist are allowed into museums in Florence, but it is possible other museums are more lenient, especially to those of small size. How big is your dog? If she's small enough to be carried, it's possible you won't have a problem in visiting many places with her.

- there are many sites that are free, particularly churches, gardens and piazzas with views. In Florence, you can modify your day following some tips on this "Florence for Free" article. Most of the main attractions, however, do have a cost.

- suggestions on parking in Florence, Siena and Pisa. Make sure to never leave things in the car that can attract attention, especially in Pisa. Because of the airport, many people think to head to Pisa with suitcases and make a quick stop before getting on the plane but, unfortunately, there are too many cases where cars get broken into in the lots around Piazza dei Miracoli and take everything. I leave this note for all those who travel to Pisa with luggage, I know you won't since it will be a day trip.

- absolute must-see museums in each place, for me, are:
-- Florence: Accademia and Uffizi, but in one day I would never tell you to do both. How much art do you want to see? Maybe the Accademia would be best, it is smaller and has less overall number of works. Plus, you have the David :) You could do a guided tour, as it is a great way to focus on the "important" works.
But if you love SCULPTURE, then I think you should visit the Bargello. At the moment, the Donatello exhibition at Palazzo Strozzi is a once in a lifetime occasion to see many of his works together. Including the crucifix from Santa Croce and one from Padova.
-- Siena: the Duomo - you absolutely must go into the Duomo and see the pavement and decorations. July 2 is the Palio, not sure when you will be here in Tuscany but it is fun to visit around this time. You'll hear drums, you'll see contradaioli practice their marches, etc. A close second and favorite of mine: the frescoes in the Palazzo Comunale.
-- Pisa: the climb up the tower and the Camposanto, the first is a "once in a lifetime" type of experience you need to do, the second is a particular love of mine, particularly the frescoes!

Ok hope I covered all of your questions, let me know if you have any other questions I can help with! Have fun planning the trip :)