Is FirenzePass a Valid Option?

cglrsdmrts

Hi! I'm going to visit Firenze for 5 days and I am looking for a museum pass option. I saw Firenze Pass (link below) but I am not sure if this is a valid option. Do you know this is a legit pass? And more importantly, do I still have to make a reservation to not wait in the queue? Or this pass will just let me skip the line?

Ciao and welcome to our forum!!

I have to admit this is the first time I'm seeing/hearing of this Firenze Pass website and of the various pass options it offers.
It certainly isn't an official city pass, the company that runs that website is based in Milan and essentially it seems to offer packages of various kinds to include different museums.

I'd be hesitant to buy from this website for the following reasons -
- no reviews online about it - I searched and came across no reviews. No bad reviews is a good thing, but no good ones? It might be a new company so maybe has not built up a base of users and reviews yet.
- cost seems low - the basic pass is 48 euros, and considering the Uffizi Gallery costs 12 euros in low season but 25 euros in high season, there doesn't seem to be variation upon season which doesn't make sense, would a company want to lose out money in the high season?
Looking at the museums included, you could buy tickets directly at each museum and, in the high season, spend 52 euros, just 4 euros more but actually spend less in the low season, just 32 euros.
- Uffizi and Accademia do require booking a time to enter! Even the official Firenze Card pass requires you to book those two museums.

The pass does seem to include a few bus rides and "discounts" on tours, but that is all relative to the fact you actually end up using those services.

If you want an actual pass, take a look at the considerations I offer for the Firenze Card here - https://www.visitflorence.com/florence-museums/is-firenze-card-worth-it.html

Since the Firenze Card is valid only for 3 days, I suggest you take a look at the list of museums included and try to decide which ones you actually want to see. It is very hard to visit all of them but you can follow the itineraries I offer on that page to try to fit as many as you can.

Since you have 5 days, what you could do is:
- buy the 5 day pass for the Uffizi, Boboli and Pitti Palace and save by buying the pass, the only one you need to set a time to visit is the Uffizi but you can do that when you purchase.
- then buy tickets for each museum you actually want to visit. That way you can also set a time for the Accademia visit.

Aside from those two that require booking, you can just wait and buy tickets on site once in Florence. I wouldn't necessarily say you save time by booking any other museum, and it saves on prebooking fees.

The passes on that Firenze Pass website do not even include the climb up the Duomo which is the other main attraction in Florence that requires booking and the ONLY way you can do that is by buying the Brunelleschi Pass directly from them here: https://tickets.duomo.firenze.it/en/store#/en/buy?skugroup_id=3006