Leaving Parcheggio SMN and ZTL

adamrap

Hello. Thank you for all of your answers - they are very helpful.

Here is my situation. I need to drive to SMN on Saturday morning to drop off my teenager daughter. She is going to to Venice to meet her grandparents. I want to park as she does not have experience on trains in Italy. Her train departs at 7:20, so I will be able to drive to the Parcheggio SMN before the start of the ZTL at 7:30. But I will be leaving after the ZTL has started.

What is a safe route to take? Leaving on Via Valfonda appears to be the most direct, but I don't know if it is ZTL.

Grazie!

Once you're in the ZTL before the cameras are back on, you're okay - the only danger has come when others getting out drive around in circles lost on the one way streets and end up re-entering the ZTL without realizing it. But Via Valfonda is safe - it runs along the tram tracks so it is a one way street in the right direction --> out of the ZTL! So you should be fine as you leave that way.
Another street you can use to get out is Via della Scala, turning RIGHT onto it heading to the viali, not toward the Santa Maria Novella piazza.

As for parking, there is also a small parking lot alongside the side of the station, in front of the Burger King in front of Piazza Adua, if you prefer to skip the underground parking lot. The underground parking, with the tramvia in the way, is a little more complicated to get into but essentially requires you to go up around the main entrance and then go back around taking an internal lane that lets you into the underground parking lot.

Once you're in the ZTL before the cameras are back on, you're okay - the only danger has come when others getting out drive around in circles lost on the one way streets and end up re-entering the ZTL without realizing it. But Via Valfonda is safe - it runs along the tram tracks so it is a one way street in the right direction --> out of the ZTL! So you should be fine as you leave that way.
Another street you can use to get out is Via della Scala, turning RIGHT onto it heading to the viali, not toward the Santa Maria Novella piazza.

As for parking, there is also a small parking lot alongside the side of the station, in front of the Burger King in front of Piazza Adua, if you prefer to skip the underground parking lot. The underground parking, with the tramvia in the way, is a little more complicated to get into but essentially requires you to go up around the main entrance and then go back around taking an internal lane that lets you into the underground parking lot.

Again, thank you.

I was wondering about that small lot in front of the Burger King. Because of the location, I wasn't certain if I could use it. But if there are open spots there, I will try to park there first.

Yes, although it isn't cheap. It's 3.30 euro for an hour, but free if you exit within 15 minutes of entering. So if you stay for 25 minutes, you'll still have to pay for the entire hour. Here's a pic of the sign with rates at the parking area: https://maps.app.goo.gl/qEiMcCbwgsNRu4BNA

Yes, although it isn't cheap. It's 3.30 euro for an hour, but free if you exit within 15 minutes of entering. So if you stay for 25 minutes, you'll still have to pay for the entire hour. Here's a pic of the sign with rates at the parking area: https://maps.app.goo.gl/qEiMcCbwgsNRu4BNA
Wow, thank you for getting that information for me and the photo. Since it is only one hour, and my time is tight, 3.30 euro is fine if it takes more than 15 minutes.