Looking for Simple Overnight Accommodation

Laura&Arkady

I'm determined to see an opera while in Tuscany in October. We're staying the entire time in Montecatini, but we can catch a performance at St. Mark's Church in Florence on Oct. 23. Trouble is, we won't be able to get back to our hotel in Montecatini easily afterward. If I can find simple and fairly inexpensive overnight accommodations for the one night in Florence, my fiance won't totally go berserk. (This idea about paying for a hotel when we already have one might cause a row between us!) Thanks for any ideas.

Response

Hi Laura,

Driving back to Montecatini after an opera might not be a great idea. It will be late to drive and you will be tired. You should stay the night in Florence and walk around the magic city at night. You will have no problems finding cheap hotels in the city center. Maybe you could try Hotel Marine, just 10 min away from the Cathedral. You will find a night from 19euros which is reasonable and will help you convince your fiancé.

Accommodation in Florence - one night

I live close to Montecatini and perfectly know that sometimes the 45 minutes drive from Florence to Montecatini can be a long ride, especially on late night, when you're tired and only want to go home!
Besides finding a cheap accommodation, another reason for convincing your fiancé could be a suggestive good value accommodation in Florence old center (where you may arrive by a relaxing stroll along the enchanting streets of Florence after the opera, with no need of public transports. Have a look here for some ideas:
http://www.tuscanyaccommodation.com/florence-city-hotels/index.html
http://www.tuscanyaccommodation.com/florence-city-bed-and-breakfasts/

Hope you'll find something suitable for you and your fiancé!

Chiara

I am not sure about this but another idea would be to get a private driver to get you back to Montecatini (NCC) - if the cost is about the same as the hotel overnight in Florence, then it might be worth doing. If not, then spend the night in Florence! ;)