May/June 2023 Tuscany question

ReebeeG

Hello.

We have been to Italy a few times but never with our children. We were thinking a week in an apartment in Lucca, a week in a farmhouse a bit south near Chianti and then the last few days in Viareggio at the beach.

Does anyone have suggestions on a good area around Chianti? We will have a car during this portion of the trip. We are looking for a location close to all of the towns and surrounded by vineyards. Easily accessible but so we are able to enjoy the countryside.

Also, does anyone know if beach clubs in Viareggio are part of hotels or they are all separate? If they are separate and I am there the middle of June do I need to reserve at the beach club ahead of time?

Thank you so much for any and all advise. We are beyond excited to be able to start traveling again.

Best,

Rebecca

Ciao Reebee,

Your itinerary sounds like a wonderful plan: question #1 is how old are your children? Because that could impact the place you select, whether you'd love a place that welcomes little kids because it comes with a playground and games or a place that is more quiet and relaxed for older kids.
Pool will definitely be a must regardless of ages!

Some suggestions for you to look at - all have playgrounds and are family-friendly:
Agriturismo Montalbino - has farm animals, vineyards and olive trees
Agritrurismo Incrociata - lots of vineyards around the property, make their own wine
Podere Casanova - has a night dedicated to making pizza together for all the families staying at the agriturismo
Agriturismo La Sala - rustic but peaceful with lots of outdoor space

Let me know if you are thinking of something different, especially if kids are older.

Ciao,

Thank you so much. My children will be 7 and 10 years old. They will absolutely enjoy a pool. I appreciate your suggestions.

Rebecca