Monday, January 1, 2024 What to do?

Jacob

We are traveling to Florence on Sunday, 12.31.23. We depart on 1.2.24.

I'm reading most places are closed on Monday, 1.1.24. What do you recommend for us to do on that day? I'd rather not just stay at the hotel all day and do nothing.
We are a family of young and middle aged adults.
Thank you!

We are traveling to Florence on Sunday, 12.31.23. We depart on 1.2.24.

I'm reading most places are closed on Monday, 1.1.24. What do you recommend for us to do on that day? I'd rather not just stay at the hotel all day and do nothing.
We are a family of young and middle aged adults.
Thank you!
Florence is a fantastic city for strolling. The architecture is excellent. Maybe you could organize a self-guided walking tour. It should be a fairly quiet day that would lend itself to seeing the city in a more quiet mood. I'm betting Lourdes has some suggestions for doing this...

Florence is a fantastic city for strolling. The architecture is excellent. Maybe you could organize a self-guided walking tour. It should be a fairly quiet day that would lend itself to seeing the city in a more quiet mood. I'm betting Lourdes has some suggestions for doing this...
Thank you!

Ciao Jacob,

Sorry it has taken me a while to get back to you, I've unfortunately been quite sick with the flu as I haven't been in the longest time, so this December has been tough keeping on track with all of the updates.

I just finished checking updates on the December 31st/January 1st events and museum hours so you should check these two articles out - the one for new year's eve events since you arrive on the 31st - https://www.visitflorence.com/florence-events/new-years-eve-in-florence.html
and the one that includes info on what to do when most of all the museums are closed on Jan 1st: https://www.visitflorence.com/christmas-holiday-museum-hours.html
As you can see, there are some museums that are open on January 1st, including the Uffizi which will be doing a special opening even if with shorter hours! So you'll be able to decide from various options!

Hope you find the info helpful for this weekend :)