Place to Stay in Florence

clivevishal

We are a family of 4 - Mom/Dad and 3 teenagers who are traveling to Florence in August of this year. Mom and Daughter love pasta, Dad and Son love the quaint villages that we would love to explore.

Would be great to get a few recommendations on where we can stay in Florence. All love authentic local food.

Thank you!

-C

Ciao and welcome to our forum!

You won't be disappointed as far as food goes or the quaint villages across the region!
The question is how long will you be here for and will you be renting a car? Were you thinking of staying in Florence the whole time and doing day trips? Both are doable, but not having a car will influence what and where you can go.

As far as recommendations on where to stay, if you were to have a car I'd recommend staying outside of Florence's city center - if you don't, stay inside. Take a look at this pretty spectacular one, with parking, outside the center - it has great views over the city! It is also perfect for up to 4 guests.

If you take a look at that site and see what appeals, if hotel or B&B or apartment, let me know and I can offer more specific suggestions!

If you're in Tuscany long enough, you could divide up some time in Florence with some time outside of the city, let's say in San Gimignano, a gorgeous medieval village, where you could then drive around the area exploring all of the other small towns in Chianti and Siena.

Ciao and welcome to our forum!

You won't be disappointed as far as food goes or the quaint villages across the region!
The question is how long will you be here for and will you be renting a car? Were you thinking of staying in Florence the whole time and doing day trips? Both are doable, but not having a car will influence what and where you can go.

As far as recommendations on where to stay, if you were to have a car I'd recommend staying outside of Florence's city center - if you don't, stay inside. Take a look at this pretty spectacular one, with parking, outside the center - it has great views over the city! It is also perfect for up to 4 guests.

If you take a look at that site and see what appeals, if hotel or B&B or apartment, let me know and I can offer more specific suggestions!

If you're in Tuscany long enough, you could divide up some time in Florence with some time outside of the city, let's say in San Gimignano, a gorgeous medieval village, where you could then drive around the area exploring all of the other small towns in Chianti and Siena.
Hi Lourdes - We plan to spend a 5-6 nights in Florence and will have a car. Would you have a recommendation for a good hotel/resort - something that is not too far from the city yet has the tuscany vineyard experience.

Take a look at the Villa Medici di Liliano which is just outside Florence, but also at Torre a Cona and Villa Caffaggiolo (not sure they have wine directly but are certainly surrounded by vineyards). All are pretty close to Florence and provide that Tuscan wine experience. A bit further away but pretty spectacular is Villa Dianella, the winery visit is a must!

Hi, I'm also flying to Florence; in a few months, we read a lot on the forums about places to visit, and we were advised to take advantage of the opportunity to take a free tour of Florence on this site https://www.freetour.com/florence. We did so, and as far as I know, this is a free tourist tour, so I think we will see all the most beautiful places, and also we will probably go to some restaurants, well, that's our business. I hope my post will help you at least in some way, my friend. If you have any more questions about a vacation with your family, write to me in private messages.

Last edited: