Safe parking outside Florence for a week

Last bus. Times

I need to use busess no23, 36' 37 c1and c3 tonight. What time is the last one for everyone of this?

Sorry I had not seen this earlier!

Where are you taking these from? and in what direction?
In case you can't access the ATAF website, the C1 and C3 buses end up around 8pm.

The 23 runs until past midnight, the 36 until around 10pm, the 37 until 10.30pm. I give you ranges because times differ depending on direction and these are the times they leave the starting point, not the time for your stop..... did you leave the car in Galluzzo?

Follow up on Sansovino parking lot

Good evening,

My boyfriend and I are currently travelling round beautiful Italy and are going to visit Florence next week for 6 days. We have a hire car and I discovered this old post of yours on the web about the best and safe parking spots outside of Florence city centre. I wanted to ask whether you can book parking for the Sansovino parking lot online and can we leave the car there for days at a time? We will be staying in Bellosguardo so on the map you have on your 'visit florence' website seems like the most convient spot to park, as i am a bit concerned about driving in Florence in general (especially in the centre).

Any advice about Sansovino or overnight parking near Bellosguardo from any users would be appreciated

Thanks

Yes, the Sansovino parking lot is outside of the ZTL area and would be perfect to then get on the tram to go directly to the SMN station. Open space lot, and often has spots open so need to book ahead.

Google maps doesn't place the marker correctly - the address is Via del Sansovino 53, Florence
It is south of the street to the left of the marker google does show - if you look at map at the top of the article here
http://www.visitflorence.com/florence-maps/parking-lots-in-florence.html
it is the first blue P sign after the 3 green P signs to the top left of the map.

Parking

Buongiorno,

Hope your are loving Tuscany so far?!! My first suggestion - if Florence is your last stop, then get rid of the car! you can use public transport to get around the city and even to visit a few other places like Pisa, Lucca, Siena and even Chianti.
https://www.visitflorence.com/itineraries-in-florence/top-day-trips-from-florence.html

But if you want to keep the car, have a look at this article:
https://www.visitflorence.com/florence-maps/parking-lots-in-florence.html

Oltrarno parking is closer to Bellosguardo BUT it costs more.

Unless it is private parking (and a bit more expensive) you can't "reserve" a spot.

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

In addition to agreeing to returning the car if it is a rental and you will no longer need it... I'll add that Bellosguardo is outside of the ZTL area and depending on WHERE you are staying, you might be able to find parking closer or cheaper through your lodging.
Have you asked where you are staying at in case they have parking or have agreement with a garage nearby? If you are staying at a hotel, they might have parking for guests...

While you can't book the Sansovino parking lot ahead of time, it almost always has spaces available.

Thank you for your comments,

Florence isnt our last stop and have the car till the middle of november. Quick question about Sansovino parking, although you cant book it in advance, can you leave the car there for a number of days and then pay once you leave? Or additionally, will there be a ticket/information desk there?

Thanks for the quick replies, much appreciated :)

In addition to agreeing to returning the car if it is a rental and you will no longer need it... I'll add that Bellosguardo is outside of the ZTL area and depending on WHERE you are staying, you might be able to find parking closer or cheaper through your lodging.
Have you asked where you are staying at in case they have parking or have agreement with a garage nearby? If you are staying at a hotel, they might have parking for guests...

While you can't book the Sansovino parking lot ahead of time, it almost always has spaces available.

Payment is with an automatic machine, to be paid with cash or ATM card.

You can find more contact info on the parking lot here, including email address if you want to ask about paying by credit card: http://www.scaf.fi.it/sansovino.html

Note that there aren't guards present, so in any case do not leave valuables in the car, including luggage. This is true for any of the parking lots in Florence unless you go for a private lot where they have custodians 24/7.