Solo to Tuscany

Sweeetyjh

I’m a single 43 year old woman who has traveled solo for many years. I love Florence, but I want more of a relaxing trip in Tuscany. I don’t intend on getting a car. I may want to take a day trip back to Florence. Can someone tell me where I should stay?

I think all 3 suggested by Uomo Grasso would be perfect, since they are all easily accessible by train.
How many days are you considering and how small do you want to go? In what period of the year? Because you could also consider smaller towns, but it really depends on how much of a social scene you want. If you want to soak in local life in the summer, also Prato and Pistoia are lovely small towns that put on evening summer events so they are enjoyable. Off the beaten track so lots of locals.

ok, i will check them out. I was looking for three or four nights... not looking to do all that much, maybe just some cooking and wine tasting. mainly looking for somewhat of a countryside feel over big city

If you want to incorporate wine tasting and cooking classes, then I would highly suggest Siena. While it is a major town, it actually conserves a quaint feel to it, especially if you stay within the historical center and close to the walls, you can also enjoy views of the countryside!
In Siena, we've stayed at various spots across town and enjoyed every single time we've stayed there. You can take wine tours and cooking classes in town, as well as join in with group tours to go out into the surrounding wine areas. This way you can experience both sides, but the main thing, is that Siena does not feel big at all, despite the crowds during the summer. So if you haven't yet booked a time period, I would recommend coming either late spring/early summer or late summer/early fall. There are still lots of people around but not super crowded in the day time. Even in the summer, when we've stayed in Siena, the crowds leave by evening and it is very enjoyable to be in town for dinner and after.

Consider destinations like Lucca, Siena, or Arezzo as intriguing options, each conveniently reachable by train, offering a unique travel experience.

Last edited: