taking bus in florence

sorry I'm visiting florence for the first time

can I buy a few bus tickets from any newspaper kiosk then use it for the next 3 days so that I don't have to keep looking to buy tickets before getting up the bus

i suppose there is no timestamp datestamp when i buy the bus tickets from newspaper kiosk or any shops that sell bus tickets

once I get on the bus, validate it, within 90 mins i get on another bus, I don't have to validate it again anymore right ?

sorry i ask such a silly question, thank you very much !

Not silly questions at all!

Yes, most definitely buy more tickets ahead of time and just use them as you need them. The tickets are clean with no stamps on them when you buy them, the date and time get stamped on the ticket only when you board and purposely go to the machine and put your ticket inside.

If you don't see others doing it ahead of you, just ask someone around - the machine that stamps your ticket is either on the right as you board right by the door on the newer bus models or, if not there, keep going inside and you'll find it on the right or left after the first seat. If the bus is pretty full, someone might be standing right in front of it so just say "scusi" so they move over and let you stamp your ticket!! This is the most essential part of riding the buses in Florence, because if you are caught with a bus ticket in hand but not stamped, they will fine you!

Once you stamp, your 90 minutes start and you can transfer between buses and trams or vice versa, no need to validate the ticket again as you don't want it to seem like you're trying to prolong your time on the same ticket. If your 90 minutes are up, you will need a new bus ticket for your return route.