Taxi from Florence train station (family of 4 + luggage)

Family of 4

Hello, I was wondering if it would be feasible to get a larger taxi at the taxi stand outside the Florence train station (like a minivan or SUV) to accommodate our 4 suitcases and us, or if I would need to book in advance? My hotel said they could book us a van for 70 Euro, compared to the taxis outside the station which would be about 20 Euro. If anyone has had any experience with this and can offer some advice, I'd be grateful! We are traveling in 3 weeks. Thank you!

Actually, lots of the taxis at the station expect passengers with luggage and lots of the taxi cars tend to be on the larger size to accommodate your luggage. I would just wait until you're here, once you're outside at the taxi line you normally get the taxis in line as they move up... but if the one that you're supposed to take is not large enough for some reason, they might say wait two more taxis and let others pass in front and then it will be your turn. The taxi drivers are all part of the same cooperative so they work with each other, I am pretty sure you shouldn't have a problem getting the right size taxi for your family!

Actually, lots of the taxis at the station expect passengers with luggage and lots of the taxi cars tend to be on the larger size to accommodate your luggage. I would just wait until you're here, once you're outside at the taxi line you normally get the taxis in line as they move up... but if the one that you're supposed to take is not large enough for some reason, they might say wait two more taxis and let others pass in front and then it will be your turn. The taxi drivers are all part of the same cooperative so they work with each other, I am pretty sure you shouldn't have a problem getting the right size taxi for your family!
Thank you so much! That is exactly what I was hoping to hear. We are looking forward to our visit.