Travelling to Florence in march

Rimi

I am from India and I am travelling to Paris <Venice<Florence< Rome with my family. . We will be four adults . We will be starting on 8 March and will be reaching Florence by train from Venice on 14 March and leave for Rome on 17 morning. Is this off season for tourists and will it be too cold and rainy ?Also do we need to buy tickets for all meuseums separately or a single pass.which will be more economical. Kindly advise. Will there be lines for entry at this time? Sorry for so many questions but I am confused so help please.
I also wish to go to pisa so kindly tell me how should i plan visiting all the important sites . Thanks

Last edited:
Visiting in March

Buongiorno,

Though the weather can be variable in March - cold, windy & rainy but at the same time you may get some splendid days, with lots of sun and blue skies. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get great weather!!

Have a look at this page where you will find several informative articles about Pisa - and various suggestions on how to visit the city and its monuments. Personally I would considered a private tour - for example something that will give you a broad sample of Tuscany while enjoying the beauty of the Leaning Tower:

https://www.partner.viator.com/en/1...-from-Florence-Including-Lunch/d519-6367TOUR7

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

Hi Donna ! Thanks for your response.kindly tell me wether in March lines would be long and do we need to buy tickets in advance or we can buy there and then . Is it off season for tourists ? Thanks
Buongiorno,

Though the weather can be variable in March - cold, windy & rainy but at the same time you may get some splendid days, with lots of sun and blue skies. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get great weather!!

Have a look at this page where you will find several informative articles about Pisa - and various suggestions on how to visit the city and its monuments. Personally I would considered a private tour - for example something that will give you a broad sample of Tuscany while enjoying the beauty of the Leaning Tower:

https://www.partner.viator.com/en/1...-from-Florence-Including-Lunch/d519-6367TOUR7

Buon Viaggio,

Donna Denise

In late March, considering the main season hasn't started yet (there are visitors year round in Florence, even if you can tell there are less in Jan-April), I would say you don't need to book any tickets in advance except for the Uffizi Gallery. That's the main museum in Florence and often has lines -- in late March you might actually get lucky and find a shorter line, but to find out, you would have to wait until then. It is up to you to decide what you feel more comfortable doing!