Uffizi Membership

kbh505

I intend to buy an annual membership to the Uffizi:
PASSEPARTOUT FAMILY | 100 €
Valid for two adults and an unlimited number of children.
Unlimited priority admission, valid 1 year starting from the date chosen by the visitor at the time of the pass issue, to all the museums: Uffizi, Pitti Palace and Boboli Gardens, in addition to the National Archaeological Museum and the Museum of the Opificio delle Pietre Dure.

-My question is, does this Passpartout pass allow for the adults to enter the museum independently? Or is only one card issued and they have to enter together or coordinate card hand offs?

If the later then two individual memberships:
UFFIZI GALLERIES | 70 €
Unlimited priority admission, valid 1 year starting from the date chosen by the visitor at the time of the pass issue, to the Uffizi, Pitti Palace, Boboli Gardens, in addition to the National Archaeological Museum and the Museum of the Opificio delle Pietre Dure.

Seems like a good choice to avoid the logistical hassle.

I sent the Uffizi a query on this, their reply: "Passepartout Family is an annual subscription, which guarantees free and priority access to the Uffizi Galleries - the Uffizi, Pitti Palace, the Boboli Gardens and any temporary exhibitions - to two adults and an unlimited number of minors." Doesn't quite answer fully and I don't want to pester them if anyone on this forum knows the answer would be much appreicated.

They definitely did not take the time to read your question very well!!

You only get one card for the family, and you can enter the museum only as one adult and a child, or just one adult or any combination. But you will have to manage the card hand offs, just as you thought. So if you want to avoid that, then yes, two individual ones would work better if you want to avoid the logistics.

As I suspected. That's why I've been trying to get a definitive answer. Thank you so much. Two individuals it is then. The convenience outweighs all other considerations.