Villa recommendations

We are a family of 4 (kids ages 11 & 16) looking to rent a 2-3 bedroom villa in Tuscany for 4-5 nights in June 2024. We plan to have a car and want a location convenient to day trips to sites, biking, wine tasting, villages, etc. We also want a washing machine in the villa. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

There are several great options such as Villa Gabriella in the Chianti region, Villa La Torretta in Montepulciano, Villa San Cipriano in the heart of Tuscany, Villa San Gimignano near an ancient medieval town of the same name, and Villa Casale near Pienza, offering breathtaking views of the UNESCO-listed Val d'Orcia. All these villas offer easy access to nearby towns, wineries, and other popular sites, come equipped with a washing machine, and are perfect for families.
We are a family of 4 (kids ages 11 & 16) looking to rent a 2-3 bedroom villa in Tuscany for 4-5 nights in June 2024. We plan to have a car and want a location convenient to day trips to sites, biking, wine tasting, villages, etc. We also want a washing machine in the villa. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Ciao Jami,

Most villas might be too big for your family, as most villas are actually quite big. So really what you might want to look into are the villas that are divided up into holiday rentals/apartments and which then have a shared swimming pool, some even having a restaurant on-site. Or if the villa is actually a wine estate, then you can then enjoy a winery visit and wine tasting on-site as well!

I would say all places have a washing machine included in the vacation home/apartment... while a few might offer a shared laundry room if they don't include it in the apartment. In any case, I would suggest you start by taking a look at some of these places: https://www.tuscanyaccommodation.com/tuscany-vacation-homes/
and then from there, start limiting your search by location or type. Anything in the Chianti area will be pretty central to visiting both towns such as Florence and Siena, as well as the countryside and smaller towns like San Gimignano. Lots of places do wine tastings and bike tours in the area of Chianti, so staying in this area also makes it easier to take part in these tours, although many start in Florence or Siena and include transportation. Take a look here to see the tours on offer in the Chianti area (affiliate link).

Let me know which places you're liking from that website above, what other parameters you're looking for and then maybe I can offer more specific recommendations as far as properties go.